My '91 GSR Wagnon

***MY '91 GSR WAGON*** (not "wagnon" lol)

Hello all, I am fairly new to the forum and wagons as well...I fell in love with wagons a few years back and never thought I would get my hands on one. Came across this lady by total accident, went to take a look at her and HAD to have it...I've had my wagon now for about 8-9 months. She was pretty clean when I got her. Original paint with NO RUST. A few little dents an dings here and there but nothing major. Interior is damn near perfect, I'd say 8.5 outta 10. It has the GSR cluster that matches the miles on the swap(around 90k) and all plastic pieces are there. The previous owner swapped in a B18c1 and B16 cable tranny. She has PLR headers and full 4-1 exhaust. Lowered on godspeed coilovers. 195/45/15 Nexus tires on 15x8 Advan xxrs. Front traction bars, mild camber in the rear. some mild internal work; rods & rings, stage 3 cams etc. The front and rear bumpers were plasti dipped, not very well...I have stripped them and plan to repaint them.
417.jpg418.jpg
419.jpgYou can see the worst of the body damage in this pic, the rear most pillar has a dent near the bottom...
420.jpg
I took this picture, just messing around. It surprisingly got a lot pretty positive feedback on FB:cool:
421.jpg
I plan to keep posting as progress comes, lots I still want to do...

I'm hoping that some that read this post can help me out, I'm looking for a set of mudflaps (4). but Having a lot of difficulty doing so, I can find fronts but not rears (that don't say 4WD). Any tips or info about what other flaps may fit would be appreciated...I'm also looking for passenger side mirror and OEM floor mats amongst other stuff...

Thanks for checking out my wagon!!
--Mike--

Comments

• SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Welcome and clean wagon! As far as the mudflaps I've seen a member on here I don't remember who it was, who shaved the 4wd off. That might be a way to go at it.
  • ZombieMikeZombieMike New Wagonist
    Thank you, sir. ive been reading your build thread all morning, love it! Yea that may end up being the way I go, although I would REALLY like to find some OEM. even if I end up buying the front and rears separately...I Really liked a lot of the things you did with your wagon, dude:encouragement:. Know that you have motivated me lol.
  • SPWSPW Senior Wagonist
    Thanks man. Glad the wagon motivated you! Didn't think it would do that with people honestly haha. I'll keep an eye out if I do happen to find some of those flaps.
    SPW wrote: »
    Thanks man. Glad the wagon motivated you! Didn't think it would do that with people honestly haha. I'll keep an eye out if I do happen to find some of those flaps.

thanks, THAT would be AWESOME. I need them awfully bad...and yea, reading your thread definitely got some ideas rollin around the ol' grey matter lol.
  • jongsrjongsr Wagonist
    That's a very nice looking wagon! Plans to put AC back in? I see the lines still hanging there.
    Thanks man! I have thought about it. Would be nice, I still have the compressor and the bracket is there. Just don't know how or if it will affect how the car runs....input?
  • jongsrjongsr Wagonist
    ZombieMike wrote: »
    Thanks man! I have thought about it. Would be nice, I still have the compressor and the bracket is there. Just don't know how or if it will affect how the car runs....input?

It'll feel a little sluggish when you're running it but you won't even notice after a week or two. Unless you're really trying to punch it, but then you just push the AC button to turn it off and let it rip. AC is a must for me since I live in Texas. With all of your components still installed it would be easy to get it up and running too. I had a b18a in a 91 sedan and it worked great with the innovative AC bracket. I would opt for slim fans though, with a b series it really tightens up the room between the fans and compressor.
  • jongsrjongsr Wagonist
    Ad that picture with the emblem is cool. It came out pretty neat!
    jongsr wrote: »
    It'll feel a little sluggish when you're running it but you won't even notice after a week or two. Unless you're really trying to punch it, but then you just push the AC button to turn it off and let it rip. AC is a must for me since I live in Texas. With all of your components still installed it would be easy to get it up and running too. I had a b18a in a 91 sedan and it worked great with the innovative AC bracket. I would opt for slim fans though, with a b series it really tightens up the room between the fans and compressor.

Cool, that Sounds good, I appreciate it. And more Thanks for the compliment on that picture too, man. I was just messin around and it did come out pretty cool...it's gotten a fair amount of positive feedback on FB as well, to my surprise really lol...an awesome feeling, nonetheless.
    What's up, Gang? Hope all is well... Just thought i'd do a little update seeing as how i havent been on the forum in AGES...

Last i was here (it's been maybe 2 years:miserable:) i was having mechanical issues like crazy, got them sorted. Turned out to first be the injector driver in the ECU and the wiring for VTEC then eventually a distributor and some more wiring lol. All that crap and FINALLY got her running right and she's been good ever since. I've LOVED being able to drive without worry. Been MANY night drives with my girls (My wife and 2yr old daughter love the "daddywagon") and some Meets/Cruises and photoshoots...It's been a complete joy....I did however, back before christmas, have the unfortunate luck to get hit by a kid who lost control and was heading for me head on, I dumped the wagon in the ditch and he juust bumped me on the driver's side rear (right on the little trim piece before the wheel well). The damage really wasnt that bad and No one was injured. His insurance payed to fix my car except they couldnt find that trim piece (i'm still looking, myself lol)...Also Had the chance to upgrade the suspension. I went with Skunk2 ProSeries II coilovers and front/rear camber kits. The ride has improved drastically. I'm super pleased and would certainly recommend these coils...Also hit the Dyno a while back and tuned with Neptune, another upgrade i'm super pleased with. 2step is fun lol... I love this particular software for the anti-theft pedal code option. No other software offered that at the time. It's just a cool feature and does give some piece of mind (if you dont hit the pedals in the right sequence, the car WONT start). While she's no powerhouse and didnt put up really impressive numbers, she improved leaps and bounds over the previous tune or whatever was on the ECU already. Ended up with around 172hp which is fine for a fun little street car although the Motor is healthy so the option for a little more go is there lol...I found some EK hatch sideskirts and fitted them onto the wagon, came out awesome IMO. It was a cheap, easy mod that i'm in love with lol...With the skirts modded i could put my front lip back on. Before I couldnt rock the front lip because it threw the "bottom line" of the car off which bugged the hell out of me lol. I'm still looking for a rear lip to really complete the look i'm going for (any tips are greatly appreciated). I also got some front flaps but have since found that they wont work with the modded skirts, not without some modding of the flaps and i'm not certain how so i have those just sitting...waiting lol. Ideally I want mudflaps in the front and rear, STILL on the hunt for rears that DONT have "4wd" on them... I got rain guards for the windows and switched wheels too since then. Hoping to clean up the bay and repaint the VC soon. It's kinda crazy getting on here after so long and seeing where i was then and where i'm at now. And Like many of you, theres Still tons on my list of things to do and get haha...Check out my profile for updated pics, I coudnt get them into this thread for some reason...Thats about all i can think of as far as an update goes lol. Thanks for reading and hopefully i'm in a position where i can get back on here more these days...I've missed this place :cheerful:
    attachment.php?attachmentid=3306&d=1470099613
  • fro08fro08 Band Wagon
    Wow awesome wagon man!
  • MrJayDMMrJayDM Wagonist
    Looks good!
    What are the lower side skirts?
  • SwedginSwedgin Band Wagon
    Looking good man, a lot of people take the lip off of a 740, or 940 Volvo, and it fits very nicely on the bottom of the back bumper.

And @MrJayDM,
    What are the lower side skirts?
    I found some EK hatch sideskirts and fitted them onto the wagon
    I appreciate it, guys! @Swedgin, I've heard that, definitely gonna look into it. Thanks.