Facebook - Honda Civic Wagon World - User needs help in Ohio

Ok members.

I was talking with a lady on facebook.

Name is Danette.

She has a 89 civic wagon.

Lives in Ohio. Her wagon lost power driving along.

She is being told to sell it by her mechanic because he does not want to fix it.

I don't think this is the right answer.

Can any wagon owners in Ohio.

She says the car just died driving down the road.

Mechanic is giving her the laundry list of stuff.

Fuel pump, etc. well it could be this or it could be that.

To me is sounds like the screw came out of the distributor.

I think she needs a little bit of wagon help from another wagon person.

If she was local I know me and bam would go.

Thanks

Comments

• bkmc24bkmc24 Senior Wagonist
    Where in Ohio? My family is in Ohio and my dad has unreal amount of connections to help her out. Even more so in the Honda world since he is a GSM of an Acura Dealership. Lmk.
  • cwin13cwin13 New Wagonist
    I'm not in Ohio but I'd tell her to check the usual stuff. Main relay, grounds, distributor (rotor screw, ignitor) these may be places to start like the majority of problems with these cars. On the worse side it may even be jumped timing. Apparently that mechanic is lazy and doesn't wanna help her keep a classic on the road smh :grumpy:
  • rbwdrivenrbwdriven Senior Wagonist
    bkmc24 wrote: »
    Where in Ohio? My family is in Ohio and my dad has unreal amount of connections to help her out. Even more so in the Honda world since he is a GSM of an Acura Dealership. Lmk.

I think she is columbus.

can you talk with dad about it.

I was talking with her last night. She is going to try and get the neighbor to help her since she said she was not very mechanically inclined.

Thanks
    Even better. My family lives just north of Cbus and he works at Acura Columbus in Dublin.

Have her call [FONT=Helvetica, Arial, lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif](614) 759-4327. Its a shop called Gearhead AutoCustomz. He is substantially cheaper and I will message him with some info. [/FONT]
    https://www.facebook.com/GearheadAutoandCustomz

His facebook page for more info.