195/75r14 BFGoodrich All-Terrain

They fit! No lift required on an rt4wd. Very light rubbing at full lock in the front on the plastic inner fender.

241.jpg

Comments

• bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    Those look good, man.
  • They're still BFG's though.....they'll start to wonder around and vibrate like crazy half way through their life. They do look pretty awesome though!
  • NEKVTEE4NEKVTEE4 Band Wagon
    503Wagon wrote: »
    They're still BFG's though.....they'll start to wonder around and vibrate like crazy half way through their life. They do look pretty awesome though!

would another 195/75/14 fit the same way?
  • 503Wagon wrote: »
    They're still BFG's though.....they'll start to wonder around and vibrate like crazy half way through their life. They do look pretty awesome though!

Can't say I have had that experience in the past with other sized BFG ATs. Got 30k on a 90 Toyota pickup and done 60K on two separate sets on a super-duty. Zero problems.

A 10 ply tire is WAY over kill for the weight of a wagon. Had 20psi in them in the above picture and the side wall was not even looking soft.
  • bam-bam wrote: »
    Those look good, man.

Thanks!

Did a mild lift this weekend, not nearly as big as your monster. Going to put some more pictures up after I get a chance to take them.
  • NEKVTEE4 wrote: »
    would another 195/75/14 fit the same way?

Probably. BFG is a bit more squared off so it looks a little bigger than most tires.
  • slo88crxslo88crx Senior Wagonist
    This just answered a fews questions i was running through my head!! And I didn't even have to ask them!! haha
    How does it drive with those on it power wise?
  • I have put 2,448 miles on them now. Still love them. They are holding balance and roundness.

Can't really comment on power, only drove the car for 5 miles on three cylinders with stock size tires. With a fresh engine I have no real complaints about the power. Can always use more! But it merges on the highway just fine and will cruise at 75 no problem other than consuming a lot of fuel at that speed. Also can maintain highway speeds in 5th up any of the hills around here. Probably due to the super low gearing in the RT.

Silly part is the speedo agrees with GPS within 1 mph at highway speeds. Must have been way off as it came from the factory.

Handling is also great for an off road tire. The stiff side wall turns in fast and does not flop over. Also this size puts a ton of rubber on the road so you can take corners at a good pace. Way faster than a lifted wagon should take corners.

One thing that I am not sure if it is directly related to the tires or just the small brakes and crap pads but the braking performance is not nearly as good as my EG hatch with NSX brakes. Still working on a better brake package to handle the weight of the wagon and tires while still fitting under the stock wheels. Not a fan of long braking distances and long pedal travel.

And one last note. They really don't hydroplane with the deep tread blocks. Was out puddle stomping in curb deep water last week. Even at 45 mph the tire never felt like it was hydroplaning. The standing water on the highway was also no big deal. Never felt disconnected.

And I need to update the picture with the lift installed!
    Awesome!! Thanks for the review!! Sounds like I may have to get a set! Still no pics with the lift? Which lift do you have?
  • Car looks great, I have a set of 31x10.50 bfg at's on my Daihatsu Rocky and I love them, I have nearly 30,xxx miles on them, they ride a hell of a lot better then the Firestone Destination MT's, but the firestones were really bad ass in the mud.

I read this thread a while ago, so forgive me if you have answered, but how much did you pay for your BFGs?
  • Lift kit consisted of some 1" spacers I made for the front struts and flipping the rear lower control arms over. I have a few more details in the "lifting a wagon for dummies" thread.

I think I paid $130 per tire plus $12 to mount and balance. Don't buy the extended warranty, it is void for "flotation" tires but they still push it on you when buying an off road tire.
  • What Bam-Bam said, those look good. I'd be hard pressed not to rock that if I had 4WD

How are they riding now that they're scrubbed in a bit?
  • Thanks!

I think after the first 500 miles the sidewalls softened up and gave a much better ride. And now that the mold release is worn off they grip a lot better. No complaints about the tires.

The overall general noise in the wagon from the engine, and wind is louder than the tires. No droning or singing on the highway.
    Hmmm seems like a pretty good choice of tire!! Too bad they didn't make them in a lower load range. That way they wouldn't be so heavy! I went back and read the whole "lift" thread and seen yours looks right where I would like to be!! Looking good man!! Thank You for the awesome reviews!
  • It is only 124lbs of tire. :-P

Could run an HX wheel to offset some of the weight. That is a good looking wheel for the wagons. That was my second choice. But the stock wheels with fresh powder coat won out at the end of the day.
    Haha I guess that's not horrible. Although not sure if they are gonna be a good option for me right now, being as I plan to drive the car across country from FL to WA in about six months. Stock engine, loaded with junk, and towing a trailer with my ruckus on it. Haha the ruckus only weighs about 200lbs. But who knows what I'll be loading in it.
  • Just have to say it again, that is a great look. Absolutely love it in red too. Not that I don't fancy my mottled gray wagon =D

Did you hit the openings on the wheels with a darker color? Or is that shadow? Either way it looks good.
  • Still enjoying the BFGs! Just rolled over 4200 miles.

Went up in the woods and got muddy. Plus a shot of the lift.
    202.jpg

Then it dried out and had a chance to really lean on the tires. They are very predictable around corners and give plenty of warning before they let go. They make this awesome howling noise at the limit. Note how far over the knobs have rolled over and scrubbed off the dirt. :-)

203.jpg

This thing is just too much fun. It still handles exactly like a 90's civic, just taller and more capable off road.
    Man this thing is looking good!! Have you had a chance to check any fuel mileage numbers with these tires? I should be Ordering mine soon. So your lift consists of flipped rear control arms and spacers in the front? Spacers as in stacked tophats? Or bigger?
  • Thanks!

I am getting right at 25 MPG mostly highway at 65-75 MPH. That is adjusted for tire size.

The spacers I have in the front are almost exactly the same height as if you were to stack a top hat. Right about 1".
    Thanks!

I am getting right at 25 MPG mostly highway at 65-75 MPH. That is adjusted for tire size.

The spacers I have in the front are almost exactly the same height as if you were to stack a top hat. Right about 1".

Awesome thank you!! Man I can't wait to get a set!! MPG isn't too far off from what I'm getting now!!
  • Swann89RTSwann89RT Band Wagon
    what are you all using for spacers on the struts? Im interested in doing this lift for my wagon. thanks
  • I am using some custom made spacers made from 1/4" plate and schedule 80 pipe. Any spacer lift is going to be about doubled at the wheel. So a 1" spacer gives about 2" of lift.
  • Swann89RTSwann89RT Band Wagon
    thank you ryanthegreat1, do you by any chance have a pic of the spacer you made?
  • Swann89RT wrote: »
    thank you ryanthegreat1, do you by any chance have a pic of the spacer you made?
    Sorry for taking so long to get around to this.

This is my test spacer at 2" tall. Not fully welded or painted or anything. 4" of lift was WAY too much. Been sitting around the garage for some time collecting rust and dirt. This gives the idea of what I did.

408.jpg
  • Nice...so even at 1" tall, you didn't have any problem with the top-hat studs and bolts clearing the top plate? Or did you have to do some sort of notching?
  • I clocked the top hat 90 degrees to clear the welded in bolts and ground the point off the top hat stud to clear.
  • AbideAbide Council Member
    how bad did these get into your fenders over the rough stuff at speed? preferably at stock height if you remember.
  • I did a few gravel roads with real bad washboard on them. In a straight line I don't think the tires would ever come in contact with anything at stock height. But I never bottomed out the suspension. At full lock the fronts get into the inner fender a tiny amount on the front edge. And at about half lock the rear edge of the tire just touches the mud flaps. Really not bad at all, a little heat gun action would fix the clearance issues.
  • jpciiijpciii familEE
    Do those fuel pumps really have mechanical dials instead of electronic digital display? In 2015? I don't think I've seen that in a decade or more!