rt4wd top speed

Hi, i have an rt4wd 1.6 civic (107hp) and i think that the motor is gone
top speed is only 165kmh (cca 100mph)

can you give me some info on your top speeds, thx

Comments

• CharbCharb Administrator
    If it will do 100mph it isn't gone
  • AbideAbide Council Member
    well over what i feel safe doing in said wagon. with the low RT gears and as strong as it feels at 90 i'd be somewhere in the 130s range.
    100 is definitely not gone or even missing a cylinder imo. Probably just needs some love.

bone stock gear limited to 140+ some extra from tire deflection. more if you're doing a higher limiter.
  • klumklum Senior Wagonist
    i maxed my speedo out past the 120mph mark to the limiter with 15" rims 195/50 tires that usually checks out at about a 5 - 7 mph off when i go thru laser speedos so i figure i was going about 130 and still climbing but it wasnt the safest so i cooled my shit. if your having problems going faster than 100mph but your motor doesnt sound like its misfiring or has a rod knock there could be a number of preformance issues with the motor but it would be far from " gone "
    whats the mileage on the motor and the maintance records? maybe your timing is a little off or something lol.
  • r4ptorr4ptor Band Wagon
    i don't know about the maintance, but engine is eating a lot of oil, and smokes, so i have put oil treatmant inside, now oil consumption is somewhat in ok limits
    225000KM on the odometer but i was told it is another motor inside so it doesn't matter, car sat about 4 years with some startups.

a month ago i baught it, replaced gearbox (reverse gear gone), changed engine oil, gearbox oil, differential oil, power steering oil, brake fluid, checked all the brakes, cleaned and adjusted
    tried messing with ignition, but its already far in advanced
    fuel consumption is aprox 8L/100KM (i don't know gallons per mph) of mostly open road and normal driving conditions
    i have done a compression test and all cly pop out around 9 BAR +/- 0.1 BAR
    checked that tiny end of headgasked you can see and i think thats not original gasket but maybe a thicker one, its not compleatly metal gasket

previously had civic sedan 4gen D15b2 (90hp) and she could do 195kmh on a good day, thats almost 120mph and its almost 30hp less (consumption around 6L/100km)
    and civic 4gen hb ivt b16a1 (150hp) and consumption was 6,5L/100km

P.S. i have 165/65/13" tires
    are your valves in need of adjustment?
    valves have been checked (when i was checking the timing belt condition) and they are ok
    the car starts on the first crank every single time, like a bomb
  • I'm too scared to go faster than 120kph (for fear of bits shaking off).
    im out of ideas unless you got a clogged exhaust or cat, or fucked up intake components that prevent your car from accelerating at a normal speed?
    no CELs?
    for future refrence you can research the part numbers thru online diagrams e-parts seems to be pretty accurate sh5 is the main number that wagons fall under im not sure if thats a 90-91 thing or not tho...
    what are CELs?
    check engine light (s) i guess lol plural when and if .
    Ive had it about 10 times when i took it (u guess from all the time of not being driven)
    now nothing
    Not sure what you mean but I'll assume u said its been on 10 times after resetting it , I think our ecus store codes and prevent the motor from over doing itself even if it doesn't show a code do you know what codes we're showing before
    when i bought the car, got a check engine light while driving about 10 times, but the car is driving normal (no loss of power or anything) and turning the car off and on again would fix the light problem, now i dont get check engine lights

and there is something wrong for sure, fuel consumption is 10L/100km, checked with a full tank
    i converted that because i had no idea what that was in miles to gallon and it came out to 2.6 gallons to 62 miles which is about 23 miles per gallon.
    to be honest i think i average about 25-28 mpg on the highways nothing much more while the 4wd is engaged so your not too far off from mine.
    have you tried to check the codes on the light even though it isnt showing up maybe you can still pull a code.
    im out of ideas btw lol
    will fuel consumption be better if i turn off the 4wd ?

i dont know how to even read the codes on the damn thing...
    r4ptor wrote: »

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aR-jDvt-B4E
    Efs have a really cool way to check codes under the pass side carpet in the foot area
    There's a led bulb that flash on and off and they read a code to you in a series of flashes,
    long flashes symbolize sets of 10 short flashes symbolize ones slot
    so 3long flashes and 1 short flash would be code 31
    then google the code or reference a thread on here.
    And yes fuel consumption will be much higher with 4wd engaged it's exerting power to different places you will lose energy .
    has anyone raced a 4wd. Rt vs disengaged fwd rt? That'd be interesting haha
  • why the shit are you doing or even trying to do these speeds exactly?
    Maybe your diff is shit or viscous coupler is causing extra strain on the motor?
    r4ptor wrote: »

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aR-jDvt-B4E
    Efs have a really cool way to check codes under the pass side carpet in the foot area
    There's a led bulb that flash on and off and they read a code to you in a series of flashes,
    long flashes symbolize sets of 10 short flashes symbolize ones slot
    so 3long flashes and 1 short flash would be code 31
    then google the code or reference a thread on here.
    And yes fuel consumption will be much higher with 4wd engaged it's exerting power to different places you will lose energy .
    has anyone raced a 4wd. Rt vs disengaged fwd rt? That'd be interesting haha
    because normal functioning car should be able to get to those speeds with no problem (and i live in Croatistan so its normal here)
    car is having abnormal fuel consumption
    and to top it off, my clutch basket died today
    were you ever getting better gas mileage with it ? 23 mpg isnt really uncommon i dont think for these in 4wd
    no i haven't, i just bought the car
    in 500km it burned almost 2 liters of oil with oil treatmant inside
    that's not common, its like 2x consumption of 2wd and I'm not pushing it
    your rings are probably bad would make sense why your car isnt accelerating as well as you think it should as well i would think.
    other problems could be bad head gasket / valves even tho i think i mentioned that already
    problem solved, went to see a crashed rt4wd automatic wagon today and i bought her! tommorow will go get her
    from first owner, 100 000km on the clock, sounds healthy and crisp, no smoke whatsoever, compression is 13bar in all 4 cly, gonna swap it to my wagon soon
    what if its not the motor? lol
    2 days ago i poured in 1,5L of oil
    today same thing and no leaks

motor is f*cked up
    yea sounds like burnt out piston rings.