1991 Civic Wagon build

Only pic I have at the moment. So far I've swapped the 13" steelies for 14" steelies with ex/si hubcaps from my ej1, scrubbed and wd40'd the engine bay, and started detailing the interior(lots of dust from previous owner driving dirt roads). I'll try to keep this thread updated as I make progess.
478.jpg

Comments

• Rickstar22Rickstar22 New Wagonist
    Right on !!! I just grabbed one also Good luck and can't wait to see the progress !!!
  • CitySushiCitySushi New Wagonist
    Made and offer of $20 on ebay for inner driver side tail light. It was excepted today. $32 shipped, everyone else wanted $70+ shipped. I'm still looking for a passenger side front corner light, if anyone has an extra one for a resonable price, I'd love to buy it.
    Car wouldn't start the other day, had to have it towed. The mechanic said all he did was clean the spark plugs and battery terminals and it started back up. Only had to pay for the tow.

Here's a few pics of the interior and with the ex hubcaps/steelies.

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

I'm gonna work on cleaning up the interior more today.
  • killapetekillapete Band Wagon
    Clean. nice start.
    Inner tailight came in the mail today.
    35.jpg
    Pulled all the seats and lower interior panels to remove the carpet.
    36.jpg
    Cleaned up the floor. Put one seat back so I could park the car.
    37.jpg
    38.jpg
    Also scrubbed and rinsed the carpet, removed the pin stripes, and installed my ej1 tape player. The stock one didn't work.
  • simplyhondasimplyhonda Council Member
    Looks like you got yourself a nice wagon there!
    Good start on it! Keep it up. Always in for more! :encouragement:
    Installed the carpet.
    43.jpg
    And put all the trim peices back in and wiped them down with black magic.
    44.jpg
    Still need to pull the rear door panels, clean them and the seats up. I'm headed to the junk yard to pick up a rear hatch hinge.
    Picked up two hatch hinges off a 90 civic dx hatchback, one as a backup. Left is the new one, right is the frozen rusted one. Now I have a functional hatch : )
    78.jpg
    Now that the hatch opens, I could install the inner tailight. Before:
    79.jpg
    After:

80.jpg
    Got the wagon inspected today. It failed because of the passenger side hood hinge, corner light, and trailing arm bushing. I purchased energy suspension trailing arm bushings, and stanley corner light from ebay. Ordered the hood hinge from the honda dealership.
    Picked up my hood hinge from the honda dealership.
    Out with the old.
    91.jpg
    New OEM freshness.
    92.jpg
    Rta bushings and corner light came in.
    198.jpg[/URL]

Painted both corner lights amber with metalcast orange. Also, got the bushings installed and had the car reinspected. It passed : )
    199.jpg

200.jpg

201.jpg
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    I like everything going on- but I would have left the corner lights clear...

Keep up the good worker
    Thanks. I only bought one clear corner to pass inspection, couldn't find and oem one.
    Me and the wife took the wagon and ej1 out for a cruise today and snapped a few pics afterwards.
    281.jpg[/URL]

282.jpg

283.jpg

284.jpg

285.jpg

286.jpg

287.jpg

288.jpg
    Bought a carpet cleaner/extractor and cleaned up the rear seat and cargo carpet.
    318.jpg

319.jpg

Also adjusted the clutch cable and cleaned up the engine grounds.
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    I think I have a spare driver side Clear Corner on my shelfs.

If interested lmk so I can go on adventure in the shed.

Cool wagon man, I have a Shuttle myself but Im still amazed if I see how practical designed and roomy the wagon is.
    Thanks man. I may have to take you up on that offer in the future.
    Today I covered up the holes in the drivers seat with iron on patches, pulled the front door panels to apply white lithium grease to the window rails/channels, installed led lights in my gauge cluster (I'm ordering new leds because the ones I have aren't very bright) Also, I was having a problem with the headlights, tailights, and cluster lights dimming(pulsing) at idle and while decelerating. I added two grounds, one from the valve cover to chassis and one from trans/engine to battery and found the negative terminal on the battery wouldn't fully tighten(now fixed) Lights are working great now.
    180.jpg
    Ordered some parts. Inner/outer tie rods, lower ball joints, radius rod bushings, and clutch cable. I installed the clutch cable today.
    619.jpg
  • klumklum Senior Wagonist
    i never got around to doing my inner tie rods they are such a bitch good work so far the corners idk how i feel bout them personally but that dont matter its ur whip!
  • Looks like a great start! Interior is really clean. I'm glad I don't live in a state that requires inspection... Don't know if everything underneath would pass with 358k on it lol.
    klum wrote: »
    i never got around to doing my inner tie rods they are such a bitch good work so far the corners idk how i feel bout them personally but that dont matter its ur whip!
    Thanks. I used a pipe wrench (friction wrench) on the inner tierods on a previous civic I redid the suspension on, came right off. The corners are temporary.
    Looks like a great start! Interior is really clean. I'm glad I don't live in a state that requires inspection... Don't know if everything underneath would pass with 358k on it lol.
    Thanks. Inspections aren't so bad, emssions are though, luckily the area I live in doesn't require them.
    Working on a cargo cover.
    629.jpg
  • Hey whats up man. See that your from Va. What parts? Im in the Suffolk/Windsor area. Nice wagon ya got there, shes very clean!! I have one also,check out my build sometime. Anyway good luck with the build.
  • Hey whats up man. See that your from Va. What parts? Im in the Suffolk/Windsor area. Im build a wagon also, would be cool to meet up with some others. Hit me up sometime. Nice clean wagon you have there awesome base to do anything you want with
    89Wa-gone wrote: »
    Hey whats up man. See that your from Va. What parts? Im in the Suffolk/Windsor area. Im build a wagon also, would be cool to meet up with some others. Hit me up sometime. Nice clean wagon you have there awesome base to do anything you want with

Thanks. I'm in nova about 4 hours away from suffolk, I'm down to meet up in the future.
    Finished up my cargo cover and added speakers. I was originally going to run my own wires but after reading a write up on here I decided to pull the rear interior out and use the factory wiring. Also test fit the rear strut tower bar from my ej1. It will work with some modifications.
    669.jpg
    Wasn't too happy to see this. The outter tail lights gaskets need replaced. I cleaned up all the water, dirt and dust but forgot to take pictures after.
    670.jpg
    Here's what I'm using to support the cargo cover. I wanted something that would look kind of stock, instead of using L brackets like I've seen people use.
    671.jpg
    Finished (kind of) product. I need to add one more support in the middle on each side to get rid of the sag and find some speaker covers. But for now, I'm happy with the outcome and my stereo sounds great now.
    672.jpg
    Swapped over the suspension from my ej1 to the wagon. Tomorrow I'm going to adjust the ride height a little and snap some better pics.
    31.jpg

32.jpg

33.jpg
    Got rear ended on friday in my odyssey about an hour after I swapped the koni/gc over to the wago. : (
    131.jpg
    Today I installed new inner and outter tierods with new bellows boots. Haven't messed with the ride height yet so I haven't taken any new pics. Tomarrow I'm going to the dealership to see if they will replace the wago front seatbelts under warranty. Both shoulder belts don't retract or lock.
    Took the wago to the dealership to have the seatbelts checked out. They tried cleaning them with no luck. New shoulder belts are on order all covered under warranty.

...Just got a call from the dealership as I was typing this. They only have grey and brown belts left in stock and I'll have one of each. : (