front caliper bleeder screw size??

I have a 91 civic rt4wd wagon, anyone know the size of the bleeder screws for the front calipers???

Comments

• quartersquarters Council Member
    should be 10mm
  • cwin13cwin13 New Wagonist
    i know it's definitely a 10mm but i don't know the thread pitch
  • 8mm from what I've seen is rear drums.

For the fronts I believe it's 10x1.25x33mm

CARLSON Part # H9421 on Rock Auto, but it looks like it's sold by pack of five.
    thanks i'll try that size
  • therichisgoodtherichisgood New Wagonist
    Whatever size it is, make sure you use a proper bleeder screw wrench.
    yup i got one thanks guys
  • Any time, be sure to let us know if that one was a fit. It's good information to have confirmed.
    10x1.25 is the size that worked!! Thanks for the help, I got 2 at carquest for $2.55

on a side note: I recently changed the wheel cylinders on both rear wheels and both rear brake lines and master cylinder. I've bled the brakes in the recommended sequence from the Haynes manual at least 10 times but the brake pedal is still going to the floor before "catching" anyone have any ideas on what to do?
  • quartersquarters Council Member
    sounds like your master cylinder is toasted.
    It's a brand new MC
  • Booster maybe? Are the lines fresh any bulging?
    I don't see anything wrong with the lines, I get fluid from all bleeders too. I thought if the booster was bad the brakes would act like manual brakes and be real stiff? My guess is there's just a ton of air in the system and maybe I need a flush? I mean because I changed the MC and both rear lines and wheel cylinders so that had to introduce a lot of air.
  • Hi,
    Are you getting clean fluid from the rear cylinders? Using a Mityvac speeds things up a bit when bleeding brakes. Although, I still use the partner pump and hold method when using the Mityvac.

Another thing to check is to see if the rear bolts are tight on the new wheel cylinders and master cylinder, and if you primed the new master cylinder.
    I bench bled the new master cylinder before installing, I'm getting clean fluid from the rear cylinders. I'm not familiar with the method you're referring to though on bleeding
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    Make sure that your rear shoes are properly installed and adjusted. That's a really common cause of low pedal, especially since you've just had them apart.
    hmmm thats a good observation Bam bam, and something I didn't think of. I'm reusing the old pads because the parts store ordered the wrong ones for me so maybe once I get the right new ones it may help