I've got a wheel predicament here....

So I have these wheels (actually for sale) that I'm contemplating running on my RT4WD. 15x7
400.jpg

The problem is that they're BMW 5x120 bolt pattern and a pretty high offset at 17mm. I know they make 4x100 to 5x120 adapter but the smallest I've found were 18mm thick leaving the wheels at a 0ish offset. Even with that they seem like they would poke like a mofo.. I wasn't really considering getting them filled and redrilled until I did a quick chop and actually seen what they would look like...
401.jpg

Fawk, now I'm looking to redrill but neither of the 5 wheel repair shops local to me won't do it. I'm not opposed to shipping these out to get done. Anybody have experience with this?

Comments

• NZ-DB8RNZ-DB8R Moderator
    Might not be able to, if the wheels do not have a solid center then they cannot be redrilled.

I will move this to the correct section for you
  • greenteagodgreenteagod Moderator
    Yeah what's the size of the enter bore on that anyway? Would probably exceed the effort you want to apply but what about drilling re-studding the actual hubs/brakes to 5x120

I've not looked under there extensively so I don't know what type of work that would require or if there's enough material/clearance to do so.
  • zakbloomzakbloom Band Wagon
    True offset is relative to wheels width. So for example a 8" wide wheel is 203.2 mm wide divide that by 2 to find your wheel width center 101.6. If this example wheel is 0 offset 101.6mm would be the distance from the outer lip of the wheel to the mating wheel hub. If it were +25mm offset the magic number would be 101.6 - 25 = 76.6 mm.

So if things are still making sense. Let's do it for your set up. 15x7 +17. 7x25.4=177.8 mm 177.8/2= 88.9 mm. 88.9-17=71.9mm 71.9+18 mm wheel spacer= 89.9 mm from wheel hub mating surface.

To recap for setup would be more inset,by 11.3mm, than a 15x8 with 0 offset. Which is popular and you should be able to get an idea of how your wheels will fit.

Let me know if I made any mistakes here lol
  • Atom D&DAtom D&D New Wagonist
    I just always use this for offset calculations.

http://www.1010tires.com/Tools/Wheel-Offset-Calculator#Results

Otherwise my head hurts.
  • 503Wagon503Wagon moderator
    what are those wheels?
  • therichisgoodtherichisgood New Wagonist
    Thanks for the posts guys, I worked the number from before and I really don't think it'll work out which is why I was asking about filling/redrilling. But it turns out a buddy of mine has 4x100 to 5x120 adapters so I'll have an actual visual to go by soon.. I'll post pics for reference purposes.

The wheels are Riken Turbos, found usually in 1 piece form and look quite different from mine:
    454.jpg
  • Sounds like a lot of work just to get some wheels to fit...
  • zakbloomzakbloom Band Wagon
    with a bit of tire stretch and your spacers they will fit.