Tire size inquiry. 195/60-15

I've decided to put some 15" wheels on my car and to get the tires I want I'd be looking at a 195/60-15. Going from my stock tire size of 175/70-13 this would add about 3/4" to the radius of the tires.

I know that'll throw my speedo off a bit, but I'm also concerned about any big difference in performance. I'm hoping that at 3/4" it won't be too bad. In searching online most of the results I've found are people that are running 35" swampers on a truck or something, so not particularly relevant to little civics.

So I'm just wondering if anyone else has run this particular tire size, and if so, what have you noticed.

Barring that I'll just go to a 205/50-15 though it doesn't have the tire selection I like, but enough that I'd be happy enough.

Comments

• NZ-DB8RNZ-DB8R Moderator
    If you are lowered they could rub, I had 195/55R15 on my Shuttle and they were fine
  • greenteagodgreenteagod Moderator
    Thanks for the quick reply. No plans on lowering, if anything it would only be by a fraction of an inch doing some H&R DA springs and EF shocks/struts.

I'm not so worried about rubbing, though I one question I forgot to ask. +35 or +41 offset, seems to be a mixed bag as to what's preferred there. Given that I'm not lowering, would it even make a difference?

More so I was wondering though does it wreak havoc on taking off, kill MPG anything like that. My desire here is to go with a LRR tire, and while I can't imagine 3/4 of an inch would drastically alter things to the point that the tires wouldn't even help.

Otherwise I'll still use the same wheels and just do that 205/50 tire and be happy with my speedo being within 1%
  • NZ-DB8RNZ-DB8R Moderator
    Depends on wheel width, I have 15x7 +35et and they fit good, +41 would be fine as well
  • greenteagodgreenteagod Moderator
    Yeah that's what I'm looking at as well RPF1 in 15x7 I think you have those as well don't you? 35 might be nice to pop em out a little more. Not sure if that would rub on a 205 but then again with nearly no lowering. I hopefully wouldn't have to worry about that.