Fender mirror installation help

Hello every one south cali Wagon owner here as you can see by the title i was looking for some details on how some people installed there fender mirrors on there Wagon. I have an 89 wagovan (true wagovan).
i got the starlet mirrors from eBay & iv seen some people with them on there wagons.

any thing would help thanks guys and gal's

Comments

• Hey Cuso, sorry for not replying to your thread earlier. I missed it in the mix. I also have the starlet mirrors installed. Since they're not proper mirrors I wasn't too terribly worried about it being in the location of legit Honda mirrors as they sit higher anyway. So I had a friend hold the mirror and position it to a point that I could see out of it well.

I then marked that location and used the positions of the bolts to mark where I'd be drilling the holes. I drilled some small pilot holes with a 1/16" bit then opened it up using a step drill bit.

One thing I also did was to cut a new bracket that goes underneath. When I did so it seemed to help eliminate a lot of the vibration the mirror was having. Any vibrations you get are gonna be amplified out to the mirror so it may shake if you don't get it nice and secure.

Then I simply put the mirror in place, got up under the splash guard there in the fender, put the bracket in and tightened it down.

For the other mirror I just measured back up the fender from the front edge and marked the same distance on the other one so they were lined up. Then repeat on that side.

It's really pretty simple and you'll definitely want to get that step drill bit. With how flimsy our fenders are a normal bit could bend things in ways you don't want. And the step drill gives you some wiggle room since you can open the hold up a bit more than the bolt so you can fine tune the positioning.