Tire size question for 15x8 wheels (wide fenders).

Hello,

I am about to buy rota rkr 15x8 ET0 wheels for my wagon.

Currently the car is undergoing welding surgery to have wider fenders so I know for certain that those wheels will tuck nicely.

My question is what kind of tire size should I look for? My purpose is mainly weekend trips, some spirited driving and occasional track days.

I am certain I do NOT want a stretched tire, but rather a boxy/meaty one for maximum traction. What should I go for? 215-225-235 245? and what would be the correct hight for a shuttle wagon on 15s to keep the speedometer running accurately 45-50-55?

Comments

• NZ-DB8RNZ-DB8R Moderator
    Use this

http://tire-size-conversion.com/tyre-size-calculator/

Then get what you want, nobody knows how big your new guards are so nobody can say what will fit and what wont
  • TadasTadas Wagonist
    ugh my basic question is what tyre would sit square with 15x8 wheel. Also how tall should it be so that speedometer would show correct speed.

That is all.
    Well use the website I showed you to work out your factory tyre size (height) then choose a tyre width that fits your wheel then again use the tool I linked you too to find a profile that matches the factory size as closly as possible.

Or would you like to be spoon fed?

Here is another website to help, again found by simply searching
    http://www.willtheyfit.com/
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    205 40 Would be closest to square and correct height I guess.
    But I think that could be a problem with the 0 offset wheels.

I dony know how wide your fenders are and what the rest of your suspension setup is.

But its going to be a tight fit if you ask me.
  • TadasTadas Wagonist
    NZ-DB8R wrote: »
    Well use the website I showed you to work out your factory tyre size (height) then choose a tyre width that fits your wheel then again use the tool I linked you too to find a profile that matches the factory size as closly as possible.

Or would you like to be spoon fed?

Here is another website to help, again found by simply searching
    http://www.willtheyfit.com/

Thanks I did figure it out.

However, I did find that there is a bit of problem with 15x8 wheel and tires.

What would have been nice that you would have suggested that to take advantage of 15x8 pretty much the only choice is to go 225/45r15s because other size is very very limited and for race applications only.
    Vladi wrote: »
    205 40 Would be closest to square and correct height I guess.
    But I think that could be a problem with the 0 offset wheels.

I dony know how wide your fenders are and what the rest of your suspension setup is.

But its going to be a tight fit if you ask me.

The fenders will be wide enough, and the rest of suspension will get modified according to my new wheels.

I know 205s fit well with 15x7" wheels which I had before.

I really wanted to go for 245/40s but only avon makes them and they are for track use mostly.

So the only tire I can see is still a bit hard to find 225/45r15.
  • TadasTadas Wagonist
    Ugh and also NZ-DB8R I thought forums are to share information and ideas. Not to teach others how to browse the web. I bet anyone that owns a civic shuttle and gets on this forums IS able to use web search engines.
  • LowFlyin'LowFlyin' Moderator
    225/50-15 if you are wanting close to stock, or actually make the speedo closer to correct.

225/45-15 for a shorter, stiffer sidewall.
  • LowFlyin'LowFlyin' Moderator
    This is what a 205/50-15 looks like on a 15x8:

583.jpg
  • TadasTadas Wagonist
    LowFlyin' wrote: »
    225/50-15 if you are wanting close to keep (or actually make) the speedo closer to correct.

225/45-15 for a shorter, stiffer sidewall.

Thank you so much for the useful info.

I will definitely try to get 225/50-15s on 15x8. This should also be a bit more comfortable around town then 225/45-15.
    Tadas wrote: »
    Ugh and also NZ-DB8R I thought forums are to share information and ideas. Not to teach others how to browse the web. I bet anyone that owns a civic shuttle and gets on this forums IS able to use web search engines.

No you are missing the point, I was helping you. You know all the info you have (we dont as you were very vague) so rather than give some vague advice I gave you the tools to get the correct info yourself
  • TadasTadas Wagonist
    Yup I might have missed it. Now I just cannot wait to get new shoes on the wheels!