Driver's side automatic seatbelt won't retract.

My battery is in the back of my car, and as far as I know before the engine swap and everything was done on my car both sides were working correctly. The battery is routed to my trunk along with WHT/GRN & WHT/RED wire with the two 30A fuse holders that give power to the seatbelts.

The passenger seatbelt works fine retracts when door is open and moves away when door opens.

Symptoms of the driver side is:
-The driver side is stuck in the (front position). I can pull it back to the shoulder/lock position(does not lock though) then when I open the door it moves away the front position. This is telling me that the motor is working I am assuming.
-When I open my driver door the interior light and the beeper indicating the door is open does not make a sound. The passenger side light does come on though and does beep when the door is open.

What I checked so far:
-I check all the fuses as well made sure I was getting continuity to through the wires which I am the drivers side has power since it does move forward if i pull it back by hand and open the door.
-I took the door panel off and check the plug. I check the resistance when the door was closed and open. There seemed to be no resistance when the door was open and closed.

Comments

• WagonhoeWagonhoe Wagonist
    This was the test I followed to check the driver's door switch. I had continuity between terminals 1 & 2 when the door was closed as well as continuity between terminals 2 & 3 when door was open.
    .892.jpg
  • WagonhoeWagonhoe Wagonist
    Any idea anyone. If my door sensor is not working then my seat belt would not work either right? What controls the door sensor does anyone know where it runs too. Maybe something is unplugged.
  • I know there's a wire running to my door latch assembly on my '90RT. Other that the part inside the door I'm not sure where it runs.

I had a similar issue (unit just wouldn't move at all tho) so I just cranked it back into the rearward position and disconnected the wiring, put a jumper in it so it would stop dinging etc. Annoying as heck to have to connect the belt every time at first but I've gotten used to it. I envy my fiance driving our '88RT around with normal belts... sigh
  • GR33KGR33K Wagonist
    I used this to fix my autobelts. It ended up being that the positive battery terminal wasn't OE and one of the previous owners used poor quality aftermarket fuse holders. It also didn't help that they used the tape and twist method for wiring. http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2554643
  • simplyhondasimplyhonda Council Member
    Take it to Honda - Lifetime warranty on ALL seat belts. They may argue with you but stand your ground and they will fix it for free!