Dwebble (The Silver Slug)

Comments

• greenteagodgreenteagod Moderator
    Also just to have for reference here.

Switching the gauge bulbs over to Red LEDs. http://www.civicwagon.com/showthread.php?18411-LED-gauge-light-installation

Wet sanding and polishing lenses. http://www.civicwagon.com/showthread.php?18433-Wet-sanding-is-your-friend
  • Thanks a TON GTG this post helps a lot! Your lights are actually cheaper than some I have seen and I want to stay away from the ebay crap.
    BTW I am really digging your helpful posts and your DIY stuff. Keep it up.
    Thanks a TON GTG this post helps a lot! Your lights are actually cheaper than some I have seen and I want to stay away from the ebay crap.
    BTW I am really digging your helpful posts and your DIY stuff. Keep it up.

Thanks man, I appreciate that. That's what I'm going for. I like to do DIY fixes and share them to get the knowledge out there. Even if it's a cool mod. There are those out there that are like "I'm not going to show you how to do it, I don't want you copying me." I can't subscribe to that school of thought. I mean if someone does something and takes credit for it as if they were the original, well that's not cool. But really, we're working on 25 year old cars here, originality is a very nuanced thing with them =D

Either way, I actually have some LED headlights on the way. Could they be the holy grail of those not wanting HID, we'll see. I've seen other reviews of them, but seeing for yourself is just one of those things that needs done. If they work and are a significant improvement, I'm going to order the brights as well and get them rocking. I'm hoping it's a good solid light, I love the brightness of HIDs but seeing them coming down the road at me pisses me off with such a passion, I'd not want to inflict that on anyone else. Especially with as bouncy as our cars can be, even with good smooth suspension.

Anyway, end rant. Thank you for digging my posts, just inspires me to do more =)
    Santa stopped by.

738.jpg

From left to right
    Energy Suspension Kit
    Lugnuts
    Gel for mig welder
    Coil spring compressors
    Mig pliers
    3M Silicone paste
    ATE Dot 4 brake fluid
    2500 Grit Sandpaper
    Mitsumoto Silicone hose kit
    Enkei RPF1 15x7 41mm offset
    Motor mounts
    Fuel Filter
    94-01 Integra springs by H&R
    Hobart Handler 190 mig welder.
  • therichisgoodtherichisgood New Wagonist
    I loooove RPF1s
    I loooove RPF1s

They seemed like the best wheel for the price. I'm not looking for anything extreme. I was hoping I'd be able to get the tires on today, but the shop with the good price was booked up. So Monday it is. Tomorrow I get the rest of my works bell rapfix kit, save for the steering wheel. That's just a Personal Blitz in 350mm.
  • TadasTadas Wagonist
    Very nice. What shock absorbers are you planing to run?
    Bilsteins HD
    Enkei RPF1 15x7 41 offset. With some Hankook 205/50 on there. Sits just a smidge higher than stock, and I think when I put the DA springs on the new struts it'll put it right at stock height again. Maybe +/- a quarter inch or so.

7.jpg

And as I am sure can be said about all cheap parts. Avoid sickspeed lugs. The finish on them is absolute shit. Didn't even had it at 60 foot pounds before it started flaking off. Hell 3 of the lugs in the 20 pack had huge flakes out of them already. Oh well, they do the job.
  • Wagon is looking much better brother. Congrats on all the new pick ups. Holler at me if you need any assistance.
  • 90 RT4WD (Cody)90 RT4WD (Cody) Senior Wagonist
    cool man! glad to see your going with the H&R's.
  • Man I love the write up looks great.... Keep up the good work.. I want your santa to come to my house.... :)
  • cool man! glad to see your going with the H&R's.

Absolutely, love the way your wagon sits. Though I guess they've started doing the springs gray now. At least for the OE style that barely lower things.
  • I'm having a machinist friend of mine see if he can make some custom hub rings. My intent is to make them so they come out to sit flush with the face of the enkeis but have the 56.1 bore of the stock wheels. That will allow me to use the stock Honda center caps. Which I think would be awesome.

We'll see if it's doable though
  • csshaz3csshaz3 Band Wagon
    Same welder I have. I love it great platform.
  • Awesome, yeah I figured it would get me through nearly everything I'd ever want to Mig weld. I've been rocking a flux core from harbor freight for the last decade and a half. So it seemed time to upgrade. Looking forward to seeing how I do with the spool gun.
  • Works Bell 210S, Rapfix II quick release, Personal Steering wheel install
    http://www.civicwagon.com/showthread.php?18458-Works-Bell-the-bell-works-Aka-tips-and-tricks-for-a-works-bell-rapfix-install

Repaired some busted tabs on the gauge bezel so it's not all rattling around anymore.
    http://www.civicwagon.com/showthread.php?18473-Busted-gauge-bezel-tabs

Changed the fuel filter.
    http://www.civicwagon.com/showthread.php?18472-Change-your-fuel-filter!
  • I dig the updates brother! Race car!!
  • Yeah I think this steering wheel adds at least 20whp. VROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!
  • VladiVladi Senior Wagonist
    Nice write ups.

Steering wheels always add more HP's and torques.
  • Vladi wrote: »
    Nice write ups.

Steering wheels always add more HP's and torques.

Hahaha, thats why you hoard them up, some add more hp than others.
  • Haven't been updating much lately, just waiting for everything to arrive. I managed to get this done before I lost the damn lug socket for my 7 sided lugs. They're crap anyway so I'm gonna pull them off and find something better. Any recommendations?

wpid-wp-1403052866857-e1403054122297.jpeg

Went out and snapped a better pic while there's still sunlight outside. I almost feel bad having the ugly old bolts in this fancy new stuff.

So what we see above.

Function 7 LCA and endlinks, (don't have the end links installed yet.) Picked these up from JPHUSA.com Since these guys actually serialize their parts, and there's a chance a non authorized dealer has a knockoff I thought I'd just be safe and buy from a retailer listed on their site as approved.

$232.99 Function 7 Rear LCA F7-EGLCA
    $70.99 Function 7 End Links F7-XXSWLK

Bilstein HD Struts from Tirerack.com, which was the cheapest I found them. Coil overs just aren't my thing.

$111 24-013819 x 1
    $111 24-013802 x 1
    $119 24-013826 x2

H&R OE springs from an Integra 94+ I believe. Didn't want any lowering.

$235 50145-55 on Amazon

Goodridge 20013 (Civic/CRX 88-91 rear drum)

$114.90 also from Amazon

I went with Goodridge because they seemed to have a quality product that they back with a lifetime warranty. Also I either didn't receive or in a scatterbrained moment misplaced the hardware. I called goodridge up and they immediately shipped me new hardware, no charge. That definitely nets them a big thumbs up from me.

Just another shout out to Cody RT4WD on that one because I think his wagon sits perfectly. Thanks again for the suggestion Cody!

I'll work on getting the other wheel done in the next weekend or so. It was a pain in the ass getting that old bushing out as I had to carve out the inners to get the energy suspension bushing pressed in. Once that's done though the rest is pretty much bolt bolt and torque, straight forward. This was my first time tearing into a car's suspension this much and it wasn't all that bad.

I used a spring compressor I picked up off Amazon. Ordered some new rubber rings for the top hats, I wasn't sure the dimensions of the stock part to reference the energy suspension ones so I forwent that. Energy suspension bushings in the top hat itself though, at the top of the strut. Since I got one side together I'll try to make a better effort to take some pics along the way of the other side now that I know what I'm working with.
  • Tossed a front strut tower brace in for fun, because they're relatively inexpensive. Surprising how much it flattened out the handling. Can't wait to get the rest of the suspension done.

1.jpeg
  • DIY Rear trailing arm bushing press.

2.jpeg

Worked like a charm

3.jpeg
  • jongsrjongsr Wagonist
    I like that trailing arm homemade press. Very smart!

good progress, wagons getting some nice lovin!
  • Thanks! Yeah I just zapped it down with the impact and it went right in, no problem at all. I imagine an OEM one would be more difficult since you can't just run a fat bolt right through the center.

Funny thing, when I put everything back together, that corner is actually sitting about a quarter to half an inch higher than before. I think it's because of how absolutely thrashed the old bushing was.
  • 91 RT4WD91 RT4WD Wagonist
    Hey man can you send me a link to where you bought your headlights and your corner turn signals.
  • EBay for both. Headlights came out of Lithuania of all places and the corners were from Malaysia. Headlights are new corners were used.

Just search civic wagon clear and you will find the corners. They come and go though. Got the headlights I just searched civic Headlight. It is year specific though 88-89 and 90-91. Both on the corners and headlights.
  • 91 RT4WD91 RT4WD Wagonist
  • Just got word from my machinist buddy that he is cutting the sway bar end bushings tonight. If I can get the other side done this weekend I'll be able to get that rear sway bar in. It will be interesting to see how the Delrin bushings perform.