coil over question i havnt seen

Is it normal for front coil overs to be set at different heights to make front ride height level? and if not what could be the cause and the cure? Thanx

Comments

• NZ-DB8RNZ-DB8R Moderator
    It happens, mine was. Nothing to worry about
  • just seems a bit drastic.maybe 2 inches different. its been a little wile since ive done any work so im going to have to double check that.
  • NZ-DB8RNZ-DB8R Moderator
    Sometimes springs can be made with softer spring rates than advertised so they compress more than others etc. 2" does sound a bit though
  • Can you get a photo to show us?
  • we are dealing with freezing temps and snow right now but as soon as i can i will post them. Also does anyone know if lowering our cars can cause excessive wear and tear on the steering rack?
  • Maybe you have your front and rear springs switched around. If not, they are coilovers, so go ahead and adjust them accordingly
  • so its still been to cold and nasty out to get any pics. will do asap! man i wish i had a garage...
  • AbideAbide Council Member
    if you do have full coilovers than a corner-weighting would be ideal. not necessary for most. Just get it level enough that you're happy then get that alignment redone!
    I notice mine stock sits a little high on the drivers side with no one in it.