Civic Wagon Nationals??

13»

Comments

• BillBoardBillBoard council member
    I'm still interested in this... I guess it all depends on where its going to be located.

I'm watching... :pirate:
  • PopPopsGaragePopPopsGarage Council Member
    ECHM kind of sucks Yes there is a lot of parking Yes we would make a big scene but the organization is horrid and its always hot as balls. I like the idea of IA i have never been to one and have always wanted to go i hear they are really good. If it where up to me i would say H2o its in ocean city md on the beach its alot of stance cars and such but it would be cool to make a week out of it with all the wagon guys. Wagons + Beach = The Life
  • simplyhondasimplyhonda Council Member
    ECHM kind of sucks Yes there is a lot of parking Yes we would make a big scene but the organization is horrid and its always hot as balls. I like the idea of IA i have never been to one and have always wanted to go i hear they are really good. If it where up to me i would say H2o its in ocean city md on the beach its alot of stance cars and such but it would be cool to make a week out of it with all the wagon guys. Wagons + Beach = The Life

Maryland does not = South. Just sayin'
    Then again… Nor does Richmond.

I have to agree with you on ECHM. Especially the hot as balls part. Been there, done that.
    Don't care to go back. We had one heck of a showing at IA Atlanta when we all met there. Refresh me guys that were there,
    but wasn't it like 23 Wagons??

As far as "a lot of stance cars" I just as soon avoid it. I don't mind a low wagon, but some of the "Stance" crowd tends to be
    somewhat immature. Maybe I'm just getting old.

I'm throwing out three of my suggestions just based on some map study and my reasonings. (Personal, but still mine)

1. Asheville, NC - One of the most beautiful places I have ever been, More great Microbreweries than you can shake a stick at, and partial to my home state.

2. Nasheville, TN - Further west for a more "centralized location" A fun town all around. (Perhaps too big of a town for such a meet though)

3. Panama City, FL - I've Never been, It's Panama City FL, and It's Panama City, FL

By no way, Shape, or Forum am I concrete on these at all, just brainstorming. In the end, it's not up to me, it is up to you guys.
    And maybe an IA is the best answer.
    IA would be cool. i just think it would be cool to meet at a beach no better atmosphere then a beach!
  • I am watching with Bill. Down for OK., maybe down for something else.....Florida from Seattle? Probably not, too far, too much vacation consumed AND I met me ex-wife there....and it rained everyday at 4PM in Orlando...oi!
  • JonafinJonafin Wagonist
    I say heck no for H2O in Maryland lol the cops are terrible there especially with stance and camber.
    but im sure 90% of the cars going wouldn't be stanced and as long as you don't act like a fool you should be good.
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    From talking to most everyone... I think piggybacking Summer Import Alliance next year is going to be our best bet.

We need a name!

Wagon Nationals?
    WagoPalooza?
    WaonFest?

I don't really care but we all need to get excited about this... if I'm gonna drag people down there I want 50 wagons and that's not a joke!
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    Wagopalooza... lol.
    I like wagon nationals. And yes, 50+ wagons!!
    Im so Excited!
    Ok I am really excited too! It sounds like IA it is.
    Now where and when is IA 2015 going to be? KY, ATL, CLT, or elsewhere? Who is in the know?
    The sooner we can find out dates and location the better. I want to see wagons everywhere! I hate it can't be more centralized, I feel it will keep some of you West coast / Midwest guys out. To that I say man up, start getting those wagons ready now! Don't wait til' April and then bitch that you didn't have time to get your car ready. You got all winter and next spring bitches! This will separate the men from the boys! I was willing to drive to Oklahoma - about 1600 miles. I know some of you have further. I suggest each region start a caravan signup. Get your local crew together, Help each other out to get your cars ready and make some driving plans. If you absolutely can't make the drive, ride with someone or save your pennies and hop a plane. IT CAN BE DONE, IT WILL BE DONE, THIS IS GOING TO BE THE MOST EPIC GATHERING OF WAGONS ON THE PLANET!!!

Now a few items to consider:

1. Make it a long weekend and set up camp somewhere near IA. Not just a one day car show, but an adventure.

2. Wagon Nationals T-shirts, & stickers for all that attend. I know we have some crafty mofo's here that can handle a logo design. I can figure out costs and distribution etc...

3. We must meet up before the show and all ride in together. This is absolutely crucial. I have been to meets before (IA Atlanta) You got 20 wagons, then a fucking Kia stuck in the middle
    Nope, not this time. Maybe we can contact the organizers and set up a section.

Just some ideas to throw around. Much much more to come. I am calling this official!
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    I'm in the know :D It won't be concrete until probably early November. Gotta wait for NASCAR to sort their shit out.

Return my text messages :p You should probably just give me a call because I've got a lot to say, usually do lol I had a good chat with Chaife last week.

We need to concrete a few of us... there's a lot of people on the edge and we need to push them into the pool
    im not good at pushing but i have big feet ill kick people in the pool! im 100% down for where ever it is! ill trailer my wagon across country if need be to make this
  • I've never been to IA, and a wagon nationals meet would make me go. as soon as there is a date ill be doing everything i can to make it. and if its closer to the east coast, all the better.
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    Bump this up. Some of us were talking at IA this weekend about this event. What about Honda Day in Charlotte?
    Import Alliance hasn't even confirmed a location for the summer meet yet.
    HONDA DAY, HONDA DAY, HONDA DAY… (chant)
  • ChaifeChaife Instagram grand master
    Honda Day sounds like a surefire bet.. With many (big name) Civic Wagon owners having confirmed, booked hotels and all.
  • JonafinJonafin Wagonist
    I'm not a big name but I have my hotel booked already too lol
    I ain't booked nothin' , but IA did announce that the summer meet will be back at KY Speedway. I'm not going.
    Ok, so when is Honda Day in Charlotte? I'm hearing some business travel dates that may conflict. And I'm NOT hearing interest outside us usual suspects...