Dual low/highbeams?

hey everybody i was just thinking last night when i was driving my car around i know its possible but has any one ever ran a dual , high low setup? basically run two low beams and two high beams out of the two existing headlight ports.
like how eg's have dual intensity bulbs and our cars use two seperate bulbs for high and low.
what if you ran two sets of those one in each port the high and low ports or 9005 and 9006 so you could in theroy have two low beams and two high beams if you wanted
maybe im losing it lol:confused:

Comments

• itd probably be more work than its worth, and the reflectors inside are angled a certain way anyway. i remember seeing a kit for chevy trucks a few years back that allows low beams to stay on while the high beams are switched on that may be adapted.. id be afraid of cooking your wiring though
  • JDM Shuttle have a single dual filament headlight bulb on each side
  • klumklum Senior Wagonist
    NZ-DB8R wrote: »
    JDM Shuttle have a single dual filament headlight bulb on each side
    looks like someone in the honda industry thought the same way i am lol i wonder how they compare lighting wise with the usdm counterparts did your shuttle have it or just jdm?
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    All JDM EFs have the dual filament AFAIK. I've also only ever seen plastic housings.
  • klum wrote: »
    looks like someone in the honda industry thought the same way i am lol i wonder how they compare lighting wise with the usdm counterparts did your shuttle have it or just jdm?

My Shuttle was JDM so it had them, worst headlights ever. Complete crap
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    H4H bulb, for reference.
  • I have EDM single bulb glass headlights on my Wagon
  • DRMORTYDRMORTY Council Member
    A user did the dual low beam setup a while back.. It was actually one of our FL locals. Was a cool idea, except the High beam slot is positioned way higher and puts your lights right in everyones eyes..

He got sick of everyone high-beaming him. So, he un-did it..

LOL.. It's a cool idea... But, no good on the USDM Lights.
  • quartersquarters Council Member
    I think the 9005 mod for the low beams is the way to go. Trim a tab off the 9005 bulb and stick it where the 9006 is. This worked well for me.