snowbrd's BEAGLE

12346»

Comments

• snowbrd wrote: »
    I contacted our wagon friend from Salinas, I guess he is also from "Weekend playerz". He will try to arrange a meet when I will be there! You should come also! ;)

Alex? haha. hes about 45mins south from me. im down to hang out. yall setup it up and he'll keep me posted.
  • bkmc24bkmc24 Senior Wagonist
    snowbrd wrote: »
    Oh man! You just punched me in my weak spot! :D I love snowboarding and especially parks (jumps)! I like jumping big kickers and do some spinning in the air! But are the parks open in summer?

Mt Hood in Oregon is open year round. I know you aren't going that way but Oregon is well worth the visit regardless.
  • snowbrdsnowbrd Wagonist
    MY_EEWagon wrote: »
    Alex? haha. hes about 45mins south from me. im down to hang out. yall setup it up and he'll keep me posted.
    Yes, Alex. ;)
    bkmc24 wrote: »
    Mt Hood in Oregon is open year round. I know you aren't going that way but Oregon is well worth the visit regardless.
    I am in short of time this time, but I will definitely get back and check other places!

And now about my never ending project. Yesterday swapped in engine, looks cool. Hard to see in pictures, because it's all black! ;)

Here it's going home:

115.jpg

Swapping time:

116.jpg

And it's in!

117.jpg

118.jpg

Today I hope to modify my exhaust and tomorrow break-in :cool:
  • This is so bad ass! i need another wagon in my life
    Woohoo! My first seft built engine runs smooth! No leaks or any noises! :cool: Yesterday did a break-in and little tune, it's now only 0.4 bar. After USA trip I will go to dyno and push it over 1.0 bar! Now just need to fresh it up a little after 3 month stand. Pics coming soon..
    I will get engine pic today. Haven't got time to pop the hood and snap it :D

But here are 2 pics from past weekend stance event (it was pretty shitty event):

207.jpg

208.jpg
    Okey, so here is the engine bay pics:

259.jpg

260.jpg
  • By far, best wagon build I have ever seen. I have a hard time imagining that you would part with this vehicle one day. Never give up on her, that one guy had a point. Having a custom hand built turboed civic wagon is the best thing ever! Great work and car my friend.
  • By far, best wagon build I have ever seen. I have a hard time imagining that you would part with this vehicle one day. Never give up on her, that one guy had a point. Having a custom hand built turboed civic wagon is the best thing ever! Great work and car my friend.
    Thanks for good words man! I won't sell it, will keep it as long as I can!

By the way, I tuned it with one turbo and numbers are funny with 1.5 bar of boost. It's like diesel. Around 140 whp and 250 Nm @3k rpm. I will leave it like that for winter and then in spring buy big turbo and finish this turbo project.

One pic from dyno:

407.jpg

PS. I bought a daily. I guess I affected from my USA trip :D

408.jpg

More pictures coming soon...
  • Don't look now, there's an evil rapist in the passenger seat!

I do love those wheels, and 140 at the wheels is great, but 250Nm at 3k, seriously? That's awesome. What does the horsepower peak at?
  • Don't look now, there's an evil rapist in the passenger seat!

I do love those wheels, and 140 at the wheels is great, but 250Nm at 3k, seriously? That's awesome. What does the horsepower peak at?

It's around 4.5k rpm, after 5k it start to fall because to turbo is too small to carry also high end power. That's why I call it a diesel now :D The spool and power is instant, fast and short..
  • Sequential Turbo! Do it! Keep that quick power and then flip the bypass valve to open up the big gun. It would be a plumbing nightmare but so awesome if realized.
  • Sequential Turbo! Do it! Keep that quick power and then flip the bypass valve to open up the big gun. It would be a plumbing nightmare but so awesome if realized.
    Correct it would be staged or compound turbo setup, but we think the same! I will finish it at any cost, I just want to get it done. Too bad wagon has such a small space in engine bay..
  • This was one of the reasons I was considering doing a rear mount turbo. Using it in place of the rear muffler. Following a setup something like this. Though some of it still confuses me, or seems it could be simplified. Maybe not.

But it could be cool having a big turbo in the back, given that it would increase spool time a bit but if you have it not coming into play until its rev range anyway, well, the results could be super awesome.
  • I don't have that check valve after 2. turbo and I have one wastegate for each turbo, I don't know why in picture both wastegates are before 1. turbo. That doesn't make sense. For example, if you want 22 psi on small one and 15 psi on big one, than that 44mm wastegate would open first and you won't get 22 psi on 60mm wastegate..

Only problem placing big turbo in rear, would be getting airflow back to front (one more pipe under the car) and get fresh air from outside (where to put air filter).

I have and idea to put small turbo in place of battery, there is plenty of space for it, but all airflow piping needs to go other side to get through intercooler, so again, lots of piping :D

Watch this, it explains it all! My favourite video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-Me6yWApzY&list=LLVeRPCpIS2JxQQvStrWDvNw&index=43
  • Just have the intake at the back anyway. Cone filter clamped right to the intake.
  • Just have the intake at the back anyway. Cone filter clamped right to the intake.
    So much dirt in there, not good..

ps. not so much in USA, but in Latvia you could clean the filter every month!
  • Really loving the black block paint. It's like you'll never have a dirty engine!

I'm really curious about the tq numbers...totally like a diesel. Are you looking at putting a bigger-big turbo on or a bigger-small turbo on?
  • superhatch wrote: »
    Really loving the black block paint. It's like you'll never have a dirty engine!

I'm really curious about the tq numbers...totally like a diesel. Are you looking at putting a bigger-big turbo on or a bigger-small turbo on?

Those numbers I mentioned last are now only with small turbo, there is no second turbo installed. If You check the graph before, where was also big turbo in game, the numbers are better, You need to add ~15-20% to graph numbers, because dyno shows little less. So the big turbo (T3 60-1) what I had, did do something with 0.5 bar on it, but it was for 650hp (too big for the small one).

Now I know what should work with this small compound setup. I will look for something like Garrett GT3071(76) for big one and maybe Garrett GT17, GT20 hybrid turbo for small one. That should work fine, and full spool still should be @ 2k rpm, because of ball bearing..