Throttle body screw

I have the bone stock wagon motor on a 91 and I need to pass emissions but I'm at 431 and need to get to 220.
I was suggested to adjust a screw on the throttle body, that in the long run changes how much fuel the ECU tells it to send in but I don't know where the screw is.
Can anyone help by chance? Much appreciated.

Comments

• the idle position screw or something along the lines of that.
  • humorwvphumorwvp Wagonist
    Go to the passenger side of your engine bay, look at the throttle body right were your intake is. There is a hose that runs to the charcoal canister on your firewall. Right under that hose is the idle screw.
  • Thanks dude!
  • That screw should never need adjusting unless you messed with it before "its facoty set, usually has a metal cover over it", If its MPFI- clean the TB and all the ports on it. If the Idle is a little high adjust the throttle cable.

what i would do---- warm up the motor pull the plugs and put a little seafoam down each cylinder let it sit for 10 min- "put new plugs in if orig ones are old" then run the car it willl smoke bad but clear up. then
    Do the same with the brake booster line suck the seafoam up - about 1/3 can until the car stalls let it sit for 10 min then start it- that should clean alot of carbon build up on the intake and exhaust valves/ piston heads-
    Put the rest of the can in your tank with 91 and run it for a while, about 1/4 tank- It has helped me many times.
    195Kmi tacoma and the piston tops were spotless the shop who replaced the head gasket thought the botton end had been rebuilt- nope good old seafoam.
    same with my Injector rebuilder- he thought i had replace the injectors because the flow was almost perfect at 195k miles he was impressed.

confirm your timing is set proper and the cap/rotor are clean- you should be good :encouragement:
    if your motor has some miles on it its worth putting in a new o2 sensor- they are cheap.

good luck!