Think Im ready to share now!

Like the title states, I think Im ready to share my work in progress. I build my cars for myself so I dont really care to show my car to anyone else let alone pop the hood. But I figure its only fair since I like to see other wagons as well and the different approach each of us take. I will let the pitures do the talking from here if I figure out how to post them from my phone......

Comments

• BillBoardBillBoard council member
    Down load the photobucket ap.

upload pix.

copy/paste the code in here.
  • cant wait to see them
  • Heres a sneak peak
  • Turbo b16. Maybe ls vtec
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    I'm gonna archive this thread if there's not something legitimate today...
  • I dont understand what you mean by legitimate? Anyway here is another pic. 889.jpg
  • Yes you were correct, its a fisrt gen jdm b16a but its naturally aspirated.
  • r8edmr8edm Wagonist
    Those bisi headers :encouragement:

Looks very tidy!
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    Now how about some info on the car?
  • By legitimate he means that this is a build thread so your supposed to do a proper write up like specs, history of car, etc. Yeah I was fooled by the header , half radiator, and cold air
  • Here are some suspension shots.... When I bought the wagon it had four blown out shocks and was sitting on no name ebay coil overs. Everything about the car needed repaired or replaced or in most cases upgraded. Both axles were completly blown out. No exhaust system at all. A beat down d15db. Torn up front seats, blah, blah. I had pictures from the begining of the build till current but can only find a few.
  • I replaced the entire braking system, new rotors, pads, stainless braided lines front and rear. For the rear I considered a disc conversion. I had a CRX shell that had everything for the conversion, and they were brembos too. I decided to just replace the drums, shoes, wheel cylinders, all brake hardware, and stainless lines. You can see in the pictures the rear lower control arms, the upper adjustable arms, and the full coilovers. I figured since everything else was replaced in the rear it would be a good time to replace the rear trailing arm bushings.
  • wow, that's a nice ride man, thanks for posting it up
  • I did forget to mention some more of the suspension oriented parts installed, such as the traction bar, and basic front and rear strut bars. You'll see theses parts when I show interior and engine bay shots. I'm working on custom strut bars, I have everything mocked up just have to machine the bars now. I'll upload some pics when finished. For now I have a few interior pics. I pulled everything out of the wagon,including the floor carpet. I cleaned the entire car, and did have pics of this entire process but they are gone for good now. I dyed the carpet. Black and gutted the rear. I relocated the battery to rear spare tire location and installed a kill switch under the center console.. I had to replace the seats with a pair of fresh Integra. Seats. The shift knob is a bit of a joke, it's the cam shaft from the beat down d15 that came stock in the car. The interior is pretty much simple and clean and not too much happening. Anyway I'll add some pics shortly.......
  • Why am I not seeing any pictures???
  • Why am I not seeing any pictures???

Because the wagon gods are mad at you.

Car is looking good man, do me a favor though. When you post, please make it a bit easier to read. Block text isn't fun.

Keep the updates coming!
  • 503Wagon wrote: »
    Because the wagon gods are mad at you.

Car is looking good man, do me a favor though. When you post, please make it a bit easier to read. Block text isn't fun.

Keep the updates coming!

Nick, really can you see them? Or is it just me
  • lol yeah, they're all there, what browser are you using?
  • Google Chrome
  • Ok I figured it out it was because I was on a wireless network. I can get them as soon as I put my phone on a hot spot connection. Looks killer!!! Keep up the good work.
  • I have more pictures...
    Tanabe exhaust custom fitted to wagon. Minimal exhaust tone just the way I like it.
    [IMG]http://i1110.photobucket.com/albuy2k ms/h444/Goskatenow/20120902_155900.jpg[/IMG]
    132.jpg
    I'll try to find pics of traction bar.
    133.jpg
    134.jpg
    135.jpg
  • Love the wagon man, engine bay looks amazing. Did you do all the work yourself? How how was it to do the rear disc conversion? How much modding did it require for the traction bars? I like the color of the wagon as well what color is it?

Edit: Just saw your rear view mirror. Bus style lol.
  • Thanks for the compliment. I do all the work on the street in front of my house, or at least everything that I can. I never did the rear disc conversion. I bought the CRX that had the rear disc conversion after I had already installed the sk2 suspension and rear LCA's. The rear conversion would have used a different rear shock/LCA set up. Plus I had already completely rebuilt the rear brakes, drums, shoes, stainless lines, wheel cylinders, etc. The traction bar was basically a bolt on application although I did drill out the OEM threaded mounting holes and used longer and stronger bolts and locking nuts instead of just the bolt threaded into the frame. I can post pics if you want to see. UPDATE!!!! The bolt that connects the shift linkage to the shifter broke off the other day while driving. I heard clank, clunk, clunk, and knew a bolt came off somewhere. Try to down shift to slow down while braking and the shifter is all over the place. Look under the car and there's the shift linkage just hanging there. To get it back home I pulled the linkage straight back to pop it into 3rd gear which is probably the best gear to be in when you cant shift. I want to install a new shifter while fixing the linkage but a new bolt and nut is only a dollar and a new shifter would be 200.....my wife already hates the wagon and all the money and time I dump into the wagon so we will see..haha I'll post pics later when I fix it.
  • GoskatenowGoskatenow Band Wagon
    Wagon all fixed, fresh oil change, I'll clean her up and take pics tomorrow