Fuel pump?

hey guys couple of days ago my car died while driving it had power but i can here the fuel pump prime so now i need fuel pump but in stead of buying new one i cant afford it want to grab one out of the junk yard now there not to many wagons there so my Question is witch fuel pumps will work out of witch honda's

Comments

• sounds more like a timing belt or dizzy problem. Unless you mean you can't hear the fuel pump prime? In that case I would check the main fuses under the hood and the altenator fuse in the fuse box before going through all the trouble of replacing a fuel pump. As far as which pumps will work, and obdo (88-91) civic pump should fit. Probably be able to use 90-91 acura integra pumps as well. I'm sure others could be used, but I would try and find those first.
  • What about the relay for the pump? Common problem on these hondas
  • JDM831JDM831 Wagonist
    sounds more like a timing belt or dizzy problem. Unless you mean you can't hear the fuel pump prime? In that case I would check the main fuses under the hood and the altenator fuse in the fuse box before going through all the trouble of replacing a fuel pump. As far as which pumps will work, and obdo (88-91) civic pump should fit. Probably be able to use 90-91 acura integra pumps as well. I'm sure others could be used, but I would try and find those first.

i replace the timing belt dizzy around the same time about 4 months ago . and yea i ment i cant hear the fuel pump prime . and i check my fuse there all good still. ok ill look for thoese civic an integra and see what i can find thanks for the info
  • I just changed my pump couple weeks ago. darktrickster been helping me out with my wagon (knows whats up) I used a crx 91 pump cause the eg/ek pumps are smaller and the 6 holes on top will not line up with your wagon if you were thinking of just taking the whole assembly.

Any ef civic, crx, wagon, 88-91 full assembly will fit.
  • Hakusoka makes a good point! While the fuel pumps are not particularly problematic, the fuel pump relay mounted just above the hood release handle by your left knee is! Hold it with your left hand and turn the ignition key to the "run" position and you should feel it as well as hear it "click". They can be intermittent, so be sure that $10.00 part is good before going after an expensive fuel pump!
  • wago671 wrote: »
    I just changed my pump couple weeks ago. darktrickster been helping me out with my wagon (knows whats up) I used a crx 91 pump cause the eg/ek pumps are smaller and the 6 holes on top will not line up with your wagon if you were thinking of just taking the whole assembly.

Any ef civic, crx, wagon, 88-91 full assembly will fit.

That is for the 2WD Wagons. The RT4WD have a different pump assembly, but it should still use the same fuel pump.
  • LowFlyin' wrote: »
    That is for the 2WD Wagons. The RT4WD have a different pump assembly, but it should still use the same fuel pump.

Mine is a 89 RT4WD...
  • Definitely check the main relay. I've never heard of a bad main relay causing the car to die while it's running, but I suppose it's possible. Usually they just cause an intermittent no start condition. I nursed my 88 crx along for a while by keeping a small container of gas in the car to "prime" it by pouring a little on the air filter. This gave it enough to start then the fuel pump would take over. I can only assume that the added voltage from the alternator was enough to overcome the resistance in the main relay. Fixing the main relay is really easy however, just do a search and you will find plenty of write-ups on it. They are in the same location on the wagons as any of the other EF's btw.
  • JDM831JDM831 Wagonist
    thats for info i headed to the junk yard again today to grab the fuel pump motor and ill grab relay just in case thats again for the info and ill let u guys know what happens thank you
  • JDM831JDM831 Wagonist
    ok so i replace the fuel pump motor and it primes but it still will not start my battery light an oil light come on any ideas?
  • Have you checked all the grounds and made sure they are clean and tight?
  • JDM831JDM831 Wagonist
    lol never mind i found the problem lol my dizzy cap & rotor was the problem the bolt the screw on thr rotor broke of and heater up the spring an cought my coil pack on fire and below up the dizzy cap so i headed out to replace both and see if that works
  • Well that's what it is. lol
  • JDM831JDM831 Wagonist
    ok so after find it out it the cap melted an the rotor was missing the screw and the coil pack melted to i put in new cap and rotor and used fuel pump from the junk yard i kept the old one just in case i could not buy coil pack not nuff money so i put the old one back in it started up and ran fine for two days and yester day it started but would die when i gived it some gas so this morning i clean the coil pack nd put the spring back in and it started right up i think i need to replace the coil pack also see the battery light and oil light come's on but it still starts but if u guy have any ideas on what els it could be let me know
  • It really seems like you need a new coil pack and a Alternator.
    The alternator isn't getting enough power to the battery causing it to be very low. (happened to me on my old crx) I changed it and it worked fine after that. It could be something stupid also. Idk why the oil light would come on unless it's really really low on oil...