Wagon specific floor mats ?

Comments

• durfeecdurfeec Wagonist
    i emailed the guy tonight. ill let you know what he says. i also need a set.
  • durfeecdurfeec Wagonist
    this is the response to the email i sent bout making floor mats for the wagon.

Unfortuantely after the trouble with Honda, we're not doing new templates anymore ; (

- Graham Slaughter
    www.dstuning.com
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    "We got F'd in the A by copyright and patent laws"
  • F!@#..... OK.... anybody have a plan b?....lol... or a nice blue set i can borrow 4 a little while?... ill take good care of them....
  • vtecn8ivevtecn8ive Senior Wagonist
    durfeec wrote:
    this is the response to the email i sent bout making floor mats for the wagon.

Unfortuantely after the trouble with Honda, we're not doing new templates anymore ; (

- Graham Slaughter
    http://www.dstuning.com

Their quality is decent. I have a set in my Crx with the logo (when they were able to put them on). Some of the logo is starting to become stringy and the edge material looks like it was half assed, but they hold up fine. I washed them and put them in a dryer and they seem to like my rex a lot better now.

although that doesn't seem to help the problem at hand.

I would think to make a floormat wouldn't be the most difficult thing to do. Some carpet, rubber, glue together, stitch the edge and call it good. But I could be completely wrong too
    I just got back from the junkyard and found a greyish blue set of Sedan floormats that I'm going to see if they will fit in y rt4wd or not. Will let you guys know.

I also picked up a blue Hatchback set but it was missing driverside front :(
  • DAMN.... LET ME KNOW.. IF U PLAN TO PART WITH ANY OF THEM
  • DRMORTYDRMORTY Council Member
    I put a set of EF hatchback matts in my 91 dx wagon, front fits fine, rear O.K.
  • Marc_EE9Marc_EE9 Senior Wagonist
    could always get carpet off cuts, and make your own

im trying to find some red off cuts for my civic :D
    lol, i was at the junkyard yesterday and found another set of blue floor mats from 4dr sedan dark blue mats that are in better condition i plan to put in the rt4wd

been busy haven't had time to get much needed pics up (on other threads too)
    this guy has rt4wd floormats. hopefully he can get some pics!!!

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2576870
  • colecocoleco New Wagonist
    i priced some floor mat backing material at the upholstery supplier where i buy my fabrics the other day.
    17.99 a yard for the backing with rubbery nipples to hold it.
    carpet around 10$ a yard any color real automotive carpet.
    Some kind of binding to go around the outside (havent found yet or looked really)

I know my sewing machine will beable to sew through the materials just not sure of how i will make them look nicely bound at the edges. My wagon needs some mats tho
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    I have a genuine wagon set we can use for a pattern. I think there may be another set in one of the RTs I just acquired, too.
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    bam-bam wrote:
    I have a genuine wagon set we can use for a pattern. I think there may be another set in one of the RTs I just acquired, too.

you sick puppy, you got the wagon bug bad. :lol:
    can you take a picture of those mats from straight down and put something like a ruler in there that i can use to scale it down in autocad or something?
    I have had good results patterning 2dimensional objects that way ^^
    either that or put the mats on something rectangle like a piece of cardboard which we know the dimensions of so i can scale it ^^

i will make an attempt and see how it works out
    I'll work on that, or I can just trace them on paper and send them to you?
  • DarthevoDarthevo New Wagonist
    Anyone buy these? I've an '89 wagon, and i'm wondering if I should get a set made for the 4 dr civic of the same year. Comments?
    The sedan ones are a different shape- I'm not sure exactly HOW different.
    trace on paper is fine too.
    I will pm you my address.

edit: couple teaser pics on my attempt with dark grey
    floormat_fabric_top.jpg
    floormat_fabric_bottom.jpg
    floormat_fabric_both.jpg
  • I've got some Honda ones which have cut out markings for the different model EF's.
    They seem to have been a one size fits all, trim to size.

Luckily, I got them from a CRX originally so they were never cut out.
    Scanning them for a pattern might be a bitch but it's entirely possible if any use ??
    nominous wrote:
    I've got some Honda ones which have cut out markings for the different model EF's.
    They seem to have been a one size fits all, trim to size.

Luckily, I got them from a CRX originally so they were never cut out.
    Scanning them for a pattern might be a bitch but it's entirely possible if any use ??

thats what I have too. rubber ones, with a square pattern...
    I mailed those patterns Monday (2 days ago), should arrive soon.
  • I just picked up a blue wagon and didnt even know if had floor mats until I got it home. However they were damaged when the car was flooded. I have to use these to make new ones.
    got those patterns from bam-bam
    Will be making a set and sending them to him for review by the middle of next week.
    We will see how they turn out at this point im still not going to say they are for sale yet. but maybe by the end of next week we should know if they are worthy.

mat_patterns.jpg
    Sending a set of black custom mats to bam-bam tomorrow for him to check out.
    Hopefully he will post up a review of them.
    If he likes them and thinks that others will too I will talk to the moderators and see about getting a group buy going.
    Sweet. I'm looking forward to it. :D
  • MrM3MrM3 Council Member
    Any updates on these?
    are they just going to be plain?
    what about putting a ring like JDM ones, for the mat-stay
    199.jpg

They came out very nice.

200.jpg

Here they're in Pebbles' car