Cali Wagon Build

It's been 4 years sense I start this build thread lots of parts have been replace lots of stupid mistakes and lot has been learn from it
I'm rewrite this n starting this thread over

This is my 1990 Honda civic rt4wd wagon build fully stock
I found this car on cragslist for 1500 I didn't have the cash at the time so I told my buddy about it he got it for 1200 n resold it to with payments for 3000 bucks it had 174000 miles on it front seat was ripped Crack on the windshield front n real bumper was warped .

I have big plans for this wagon n will take me long time to build it.

But I'll start with the basic maintenance
list item that have been replaced with in 4 months
Brake pads and rotor were done
Napa auto tune up
NGK wires and plugs
Distributor cap rotor
Belts replaced all fluids fresh oil changed using amsoil OE full synthetic
All gaskets were replaced
Alternator after it went out few month after i got the car
Thermostat
Cat and exhaust pipes had to be replaced had rust holes in it
Timing belt and Water pump was done too
Radiator hoses

In 2014
I picked up a sum what built d16y8 was running a turbo on it. it came with following parts
Aem fuel rail
Aem cam gear
crowler stage 1 cam shaft
3 H beam rods
3 ycp 9.0.1 75.5mm pistons
Supertec valves & springs
APR head bolts
block of guard

it will be sitting in till I get all parts for it
In 2015
so far i done and picked the following items
had it taken part
pick up H beam rods
set Ycp Vitara 75.5mm 9.0.1 pistons
Oem head gasket
main bearing
Dry sleeved the block
used d16z6 crack shaft
skunk2 pro manifold
skunk2 70mm throttle body
p28ecu
BWR coilover and radiator
skunk2 rear camber and Rear LCA
Tru heart Front Camber
never used XsPower Turbo kit baby turbo
Obd0 to Obd1 jumper harness
Rain Visor

[h=3][/h]Stock pix when I picked it up [IMG][/img]IMG

[IMG][/img]IMG

Comments

• Welcome to the site you'll find anything and everything you need to know about wagons here.
  • Thanks That good to know this is my First wagon build
  • Ok so i just picked up some 15inch XXR 513 rims the guy had 7 of them i picked them up for a bout $400 bucks what a deal need to pick up new tires and gonna either sand blast the rust off or wet sand it off an re polish them [IMG][/img]15inXXR513.jpg
  • you did not spray paint over that mint ass oem paint did you?
  • Omg I cringed when I saw the pictures of the spray paint. Just curious, what compelled you to do that? To each their own but holy shit man.
  • 1Fastboy1Fastboy New Wagonist
    Rattle can FTW! Did you go Satin or Matte?
  • I used Satin
  • you did not spray paint over that mint ass oem paint did you?

The paint was ok lot of scratches an dents every were even few rust spots
  • jchen360 wrote: »
    Omg I cringed when I saw the pictures of the spray paint. Just curious, what compelled you to do that? To each their own but holy shit man.

It need paint job dont really have cash for 3000 paint job so i didnt me self did it come out bad ? i think it looks pretty clean
  • Why!!??? Macco will spray your car for $300
  • crx_arturocrx_arturo New Wagonist
    you can use a soldering gun to close those holes on the bumper its really simple just heat and do long strokes to close it. good start though it just needs moar low
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    *walks into this thread.

-pauses.

*walks out...
  • crx_arturo wrote: »
    you can use a soldering gun to close those holes on the bumper its really simple just heat and do long strokes to close it. good start though it just needs moar low

yea i saw some one talking about that am gonna try it when i get chance to
  • JDM831 wrote: »
    yea i saw some one talking about that am gonna try it when i get chance to
    It's on my build thead... Should have done that before you painted it... Or you shouldn't have painted it at all.
  • wow looks like i got ton of haters
  • crx_arturocrx_arturo New Wagonist
    to each their own i think it looks pretty cool but that's just my opinion
  • If what you have done to your wagon makes you happy then that is all that matters, don't let the fact that other people don't like it put you off.

I think the colours look good together, personally after owning a car that I painted with rattle cans I wouldn't do it again but that is just my opinion. The upkeep to make it look presentable is the pain, once the paint gets hammered by the sun it tends to look somewhat more average than it did originally even after washing the car.
  • Everyone is gunna hate of course dude OEM paint is the best and you can buff out scratches. Anyways nice find I don't know where you found an RT in cali I looked couldn't find one. Keep those steelies even rarer then your car. Unless you wanna sell um to me? So what are your plans for this rare cali wagon?
  • good place to look for RT is the SF Bay area on craigslist / modesto / santa barbara that good chance to come up with wagon
    right now i been replacing part new altnator all new belts new radiator new hose new P/S lines new spark plug an wire Cap an rotor new oil change
    New Head gasket valve coverGasket new timing belt an water pump new Starter and the thermal stat that what i have done so fare
    still need to replace shocks brakes pad an rotor flush the tranny and put new clutch in might have to replace the cat
    basic trying to get back to so setting so it pass smog then ill start lowering it and mybe do mini me swap there lote little thing i need to do still

need to fix that front bumper pull thoese dents strip the car an im gonna repaint it with a gun
  • Ok so I diside to repaint the car back to stock color with paint gun also picked up front lip of a 740 Volvo so picked up few replace meanepart'srn be for paint need to cut the holes for the rear fog lights side makers also pick up sunroof and every thing for power. Windows n mirrors ill have pic posted has I install it
  • MorhMorh Band Wagon
    lets see some pictures of the new paint....
  • Little update i just picked up oem roof rack also i been little busy so i havent had chance to paint the car or cut out the holes for the sun roof but i have been sanding and working out the dents most likely wont start it in till January still need to buy few thing ill keep u guys posted

IMG]th.jpg[/IMG]
  • RoRoRoRo Wagonist
    just noticed the rear left bumper sag under the left tail light

mine does exactly the same! what the hell :S

p.s you should paint the spoiler brown to match the trim! :D
  • Congradulations on getting a wagon they are hard to find. Especially the rt4wd. My car is exact same color. Not sure if you know what you really have there or not. It's your car do what you want. I'd love to find a set of steelies (originals) without someone painting over the wheels. Someone took the original rims on my car and painted them black and lost the center caps along the way. The rt4wd is a special car to most. The regular 2wd wagon I could care less. But the rt, yea, needs the original rims and not ever, ever lowered. If anything RTs need lifted. Like everyone said already though congradulations on getting a wagon they are hard to find.
  • Not saying you can't have 2 sets of rims. Show and go. If I could find center caps for my stock rt rims they would get restored with winter tires put on them and I would also get a new set of rims to look different. I think that is the problem with our cars is that people changed them so much over the past 20+ years that it is nice to see one that hasn't been molested much.
  • jcchappy wrote: »
    I think that is the problem with our cars is that people changed them so much over the past 20+ years that it is nice to see one that didn't used to be molested.

Fixed it for ya.

OP really hope you took it down to factory paint before respraying. Otherwise you could probably wipe it off with goop off.
  • yep it does sag im gonna fix it and i gonna leave the spoiler black cause gonna repaint the car the eom color
  • yea i got the XXR 513 but i sold them to pay to make the steelies deep dish i sold them for 700 and the to rebarrle the stock rims gonna cost me 500
  • JDM831JDM831 Wagonist
    Nother up date sorry no pic still computer broke down so I am useing my cell phone
    I got some new 15 inch enkis. Rims with falcon tires I got come adjustable coil over but it sit to low so I ended upwith toykito blue shock n eibock lowing springs
    Front slotter performance brembo rotors customer rt4wd Hood bra
    Jdm rhd sun visor
    Still working on sanding for paint job n haven't had a chance to install the sun roof
    Out of a crx si yet
  • bmfracingcobmfracingco Band Wagon
    I'll buy ur steelies I'm 10 minutes away! !!!!!!! 7370098. Nice to c another one.