Rear Disc Conversion

1789101113»

Comments

• Wish I could swing up to OKC and see if this worked =D I do know that the dust covers are different part numbers, not sure if that means different bolt pattern or what. If this does end up fitting FWD I'm definitely down for a set of the brackets.

I'm certainly down to try it, just haven't been able to source a 2WD RTA around here, yet.
  • I read the install instructions, what does the parking brake situation look like?

The stock PBC bracket puts the cable right into the RTA. I'm having to redesign the bracket so it will relocate how the PBC is routed.
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    LowFlyin' wrote: »
    I'm certainly down to try it, just haven't been able to source a 2WD RTA around here, yet.
    I do know that the bolt pattern is the same, have switched the backing plates to confirm. The only doubt in my mind is whether the hub offset is the same- meaning the distance from RTA face to hub face. My fuzzy memory tells me that the RT track width was slightly more? Maybe in wider brakes? Just speculating.

Do you know Jeremy M. (Okiewagon1 here)? He's in Noble and probably has parts for mockup.
  • bam-bam wrote: »
    Do you know Jeremy M. (Okiewagon1 here)? He's in Noble and probably has parts for mockup.

Yep, I know Jeremy.

We've traded parts a few times. Haven't talked to him in a while, though.
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    They had a kid and he sure hasn't been on here much.
  • klumklum Senior Wagonist
    http://www.azht.net/forum/showthread.php?t=123082

found this thread thought id share.
  • Interesting, wish he'd had tried them out on a fwd to see how they work out. Those welds definitely scare me though. Not that I'm any welding wizard by any means but it looks like he was going for a tig like mig look and didn't have the heat near high enough for good penetration. Cool idea though. I might have to give that a try if these end up not fitting FWD.
  • Yep. That was the first place I started.

Even talked to Scarebird before starting my adventure and he said he wasn't interested.
    thought something like that happend but wasnt about to go thru 15 pages
    did you see any way to use their design either of them and simply drill a hole thru a different spot or did u not ever grab a set?
  • I never acquired a set.

I found out quickly that running the 88-00 diameter rear disc wasn't going to work. Puts the caliper too close to the RTA.
    i dont think i follow what you mean ?
    all honda rear discs 88-00 wouldnt work ? so you have to use 03 si like you suggest or do you think thats just for your kit?
  • There really isn't a good place to put the caliper with the 239mm rear discs, That's why I went with the larger 260mm discs for my kit. That extra 21mm makes a huge difference.
  • LowFlyin'LowFlyin' Moderator
    Sourced a 2WD RTA finally!

139.jpg
  • bananebanane Band Wagon
    I have a 2WD Wagon to in German. And i Need a rear Disc swap to swap a B motor in my Wagon :(
  • neophishneophish Band Wagon
    for people that are following this thread:

Low Flyin' / CD1 Racing sent me the drawing files for the parking brake adapter and i had them 3D Printed so we can mock it up and make sure it's the right size and in the right position.

360.jpg
    361.jpg
    362.jpg
    363.jpg

Slowly but surely we're getting there!

We might just have it done in time for my kit on my #AWDCRX
  • greenteagodgreenteagod Moderator
    Woohoo! Do it to it!
    I'm waiting for this to install my rear disc kit that's taunting me in a box in the garage!