Raceland Coilovers 369???

So my buddy has a MKV gti, we lowered it about a year ago on racelands and the thing rides mint not only that but we have it slammed ! so the other day he tells me "they make racelands for an ef " i said your nuts i requested these 2 years ago when i had my ek racecar. anyways come to find out they do make them !!! and for 369 shipped full coilovers for 369 for a civic im about to dive headfirst into this as all my VW buddies swear by them ... so whats you guys opinion ? http://www.racelandus.com/coilovers/honda-coilover-kits/honda-civic-crx-coilover-kit.html

Comments

• I am a true believer in "you get what you pay for." There are just as many bad reviews on these things as there are good ones. I guess for the cheap people on this forum these will be an alternative to cutting springs and dropping their wagons on their blown shocks.

I would save up and buy something better and I don't like the looks of those rear shocks. The lower mount looks rather weak.

ra-set-16-04.png
    836.jpg

Again this is just me, there are plenty of people on this forum who would probably find these to be a better alternative to chopping springs and more in their budgets.
  • slo88crxslo88crx Senior Wagonist
    There is one member that I know of here that has them on his wagon. His name is 88 wago and it rides like doo doo.. also he had to cut the rears for it to go low. Idk i would just save up and buy some skunk2 or better.
  • @ragenasian whats in the bottom picture you posted?
  • Those are K sports.

They are based out of Phoenix and I can usually get a little better pricing than msrp.
  • Ive heard mixed reviews on the Ksport coilovers. What do they compare to, as far as quality goes?
  • ragenasian wrote:
    Again this is just me, there are plenty of people on this forum who would probably find these to be a better alternative to chopping springs and more in their budgets.

while i do agree with you that you usually get what you pay for, i also am one of the people that this would fit into a budget better.

coming up i was looking at replacing my shocks and struts the whole way around, and with the cost of that, the price is mighty tempting when you add in the fact that they are actual coilovers, because i would like to go a little lower, but there is no way i would consider cutting my springs and having to switch back and forth for winter from lowering springs to the stock ones would be quite annoying
  • driftin90driftin90 Senior Wagonist
    they say satisfaction guaranteed and also comes with a 2 year warranty. for the price, it's hard to beat. I've heard good and bad on vortex.
  • JayTeeJayTee Wagonist
    The rear fork design looks scary.

Wonder if they will cover medical bills when the car is in the ditch and your bleeding.
  • driftin90driftin90 Senior Wagonist
    rokkor is the same as raceland but, cheaper ($20) and 3 year warranty and stiffer front springs.

http://www.rokkor.com/coilovers/honda/h ... r-kit.html
  • i mean the worst that can happen is they ride like sh*t and you return em right? i think i might grab a set anyways.. They are budget worthy
  • bdubbdub Band Wagon
    old thread have had mine in for 3 months now, slammed the car 2.75" in the front and 1.75" in the back. Rides awesome still
  • Then use the sticky about suspension setups and put up a review.