Has anybody ever attmepted an s2000 cluster?

I was wondering if anybody has ever attempted to install an s2000 cluster in a wagon, I have read some where that there is a lot of wiring that needs to be done. Has anybody ever seen it done? If so what is needed? and how do you guys think it will look? I got a free s2000 8) cluster and I would like to attempt it! Let me knwo please. Thank you

Comments

• MrM3MrM3 Council Member
    Here's all the info you will need. Just some wiring and buying a converter box.

http://honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2322849

If this turns out to be something to much for you let me know as it's something I'm probably going to do this winter and would be interested in your cluster as long as it's an AP2.
  • awesome I will check it out and definitely let you know if its to much, but I think i can get it done! MrM3 your wagon is amazing!
  • honestly... im my own personal opinion... i think the s2000 cluster would look out of place in a classic shaggin wagon...

i can appreciate the intellect it would take to make an old cluster like that work with something so new but still a bit too modern for such a classic car...
  • crazy_Ivancrazy_Ivan New Wagonist
    Depends on the build style...
    If you're talking about a period correct beach cruiser, I'd agree.
    If we're talking about an updated wagon with newer seats, cage/interior mods and upgraded performance, (see jakers build) It would fit in nicely.

That said, the process should be exactly the same as swapping one into any other 88-91 civic with a cable speedo.
  • u need two things a speed-o-healer and modifry
    modifry will do water temp and speed-o- will work the your speed. u will find this at corner junkie or any motorcycle shop will be able to help you.
    but i been told some one makes a plug in play set up now. i have one in my dc2 and plan on doing one in my wagon soon
  • any idea who that somone is who makes it a plug and play?
  • id be willing to say rywire can do it for you.....

www.rywire.com
  • slo88crxslo88crx Senior Wagonist
    I has one in my CRX and I think it looks almost period correct. If I recall back then a digital cluster was available for a first gen CRX and many VW even the corvette came with one at one time many buicks, ect....

603.jpg
  • H_civic66H_civic66 Senior Wagonist
    I know this is a bit older but dude that cluster looks really good in a crx. A wagon not to sure about.
  • AbideAbide Council Member
    ive thought about it, id love to get rid of the cable. But i'd have to go ap1 since the tach is actually more functional(first half contains 0-6k and last half is 6-9k - vtec range, ap2 is evenly spaced) and having two cars with the same cluster would be a little weird if i did AP2. the gearing is actually pretty similar as far as rpm vs speed both cars are right at 4k at 70. so it would feel kind of right i guess.
  • driftin90driftin90 Senior Wagonist
    H_civic66 wrote:
    I know this is a bit older but dude that cluster looks really good in a crx. A wagon not to sure about.

it would look good in my wagon :D

and looks good in that crx as well
  • Here this website is the company that makes it. I was planning on it for my e hatch but I sold it. So I am doing it with the wagon. An I you convert the entire car to obd0 it's literally plug and play . So a saterday and converting it over is worth it any way you slice it! Here's the wireworx website.
    http://wire-worx.com/10-cluster-conversion-harnesses
  • 949949 Senior Wagonist
    Here this website is the company that makes it. I was planning on it for my e hatch but I sold it. So I am doing it with the wagon. An I you convert the entire car to obd0 it's literally plug and play . So a saterday and converting it over is worth it any way you slice it! Here's the wireworx website.
    http://wire-worx.com/10-cluster-conversion-harnesses

nice find.