Lakay's Slow build thread. JDM Beagle Shuttle ef5

124»

Comments

• lakaylakay Wagonist
    i bought it at pick a part for $15 lol. ill try to eye out here in aucks then may the best man wins.
  • SiRgeSiRge Wagonist
    Thanks dude, appreciate it
  • lakaylakay Wagonist
    831.jpg

nothing much done with it just added a bonnet bra (borrowed) im looking to buy one. hit me up if anyone is selling one. can swap it with rare personal non-smoking tray and rear fogs.
  • 666DAN666DAN Wagonist
    Bonnet bra is tops (Y)
  • r8edmr8edm Wagonist
    Bra looks sweet, been on the hunt for one since I got the shuttle but haven't been able to find anything.
  • 666DAN666DAN Wagonist
    Same here! I love them.
  • rti intracrti intrac Senior Wagonist
    My bra looks good on your beagle :P
    Thanks for sorting the wof for me
  • avjoeavjoe Band Wagon
    saw it in nzpc again haha. hows the turbo build going?
  • lakaylakay Wagonist
    my mate told me that too!. lol. i havent seen it tho. turbo is already in. its from Chris aka Rti Intrac's another turbo shuttle. Planning to do the proper internals this year. just so busy at work so i couldnt have time.
  • avjoeavjoe Band Wagon
    also what car washing products do you use?
  • lakaylakay Wagonist
    avjoe wrote: »
    also what car washing products do you use?

i use pacer.
  • lakaylakay Wagonist
    little update..

i replaced my 2 front fenders c/o geoff (siRge) cos i effed them up when i chucked the 15x8 - 0 offset wheels

272.jpg

273.jpg

bit bored with my intercooler so i painted it. first time to paint so excuse for quality.

274.jpg

275.jpg

276.jpg

just for the lols.

hopefully to get my front 2 fenders/guards a repaint this week or just leave it for a while and just do a cut&polish.
  • r8edmr8edm Wagonist
    Nice, the fitment is spot on with your XXRs (Y)
    Feck I cant wait to have my shuttle lowered, yours is looking great, very jealous!
  • lakaylakay Wagonist
    r8edm wrote: »
    Nice, the fitment is spot on with your XXRs (Y)
    Feck I cant wait to have my shuttle lowered, yours is looking great, very jealous!

thanks bro. the rears needs a bit of spacers proly 15mm i tried 25mm and its hellafail and rubs so hard.

your shuttle beagle is sick too. very clean and tidy!
  • HakosukaHakosuka Wagonist
    You have 15
  • lakaylakay Wagonist
    Hakosuka wrote: »
    You have 15
  • RoRoRoRo Wagonist
    Daaayymnnnnn

your fitment is perfect
  • HakosukaHakosuka Wagonist
    lakay wrote: »
    i used to have 15x8 0 offset 195/50/15 tyres. rears are okay with -2.5 deg camber with just rolling the rear fenders. the fronts are -3deg camber and needs to pull the guards but i didnt do a good pulling so i effed it uped.

atm im with 16x8 +20 offset with 195/45/16 tyres. rears are good and i even managed to lower it about 15mm lower (front & rear) without any rubbing. i changed my front guards with standard guards (just rolling the edges of the guards) without any rubbing too. hope that helped.
    So the last set of pics, you are using 16x8 ET20? The fronts are poking a bit too much for our police unfortunately. I think I will go with same fitment in the back, and maybe 0.5 inch narrower wheels than in the back. Should be perfect, have to test.
    Thank you so much! Your Beagle is really nice! Jealous of the bull bar and the foglights :P
  • This is so rad. Digging up a post from the past haha
  • lakaylakay Wagonist
    haha. still collecting parts and $$$ so i can update this.
  • lakaylakay Wagonist
    2017 UPDATE!

Went recently to 4andRotary show and managed to squeeze the Shuttle Beagle just on time for Show and Shine. It has been few years that I haven't really done anything with the beagle, with a few peer pressure, up my ass and worked on it again.

Repainted the bonnet, front & left front guards, front bumper and new lip
    bought a new set of 16x8 wheels
    and a goooood buff and polish.

Sadly, i'm selling it so i could move on with my other car 'build'.

but! before i sell it, i had to make a nice memory with it so a good mate of mine made me a rad video of it.

make sure you click on HD! enjoy!
    Nice! Good to see you still have it. Is it still my old turbo kit on it?

Edit: what front lip do you have. It looks good
  • lakaylakay Wagonist
    rti intrac wrote: »
    Nice! Good to see you still have it. Is it still my old turbo kit on it?

Edit: what front lip do you have. It looks good

yeah been selling it on Facebook pages but all i get is likes likes likes. lol

bought the lip from Speedscience. link is there. it actually looooks nice. fitment is nice too.

yes I still have the turbo kit. but somehow its not holding boost so suspect is got a boost leak somewhere. will do a smoke test when im not too busy at work.
    I thought I saw it pop up a few times.
    Cool I'll have a look when my prefacelift bumper turns up

I wonder if its my rangi discharge pipe off the turbo?
  • lakaylakay Wagonist
    45.jpg
    46.jpg
    47.jpg
    48.jpg
    49.jpg
    50.jpg
    51.jpg
    52.jpg