Ef-9 front bumper

been debating about getting one. Any pros and Cons from people that have them i would like to know im thinking it would help tuck my intercooler in some more but thats just me?

Comments

• NZ-DB8RNZ-DB8R Moderator
    How are there pros and cons for a bumper?
  • Marc_EE9Marc_EE9 Senior Wagonist
    lol

I don't like them, they don't suit the Wagon, have different trim/moulding...

An EF9 bumper is made for an EF9, not a Wagon.

So pro's..... you get MAD JDM points from your boys
    Con's.... it looks whack
  • FakeJDMEF8FakeJDMEF8 Senior Wagonist
    To answer your actual question:

Yes, there is much more room with the EF9 cover AND* radiator support. You will have much better luck tucking an IC in there...

The bumper bows outward 4-5 inches, while the wagon one is pretty much square-nosed. hard to explain...

It does take a bit of fudging to get the bumper and filler to work properly.....
  • kylerwhokylerwho Wagonist
    why not swap on an ef5 bumper?
  • FakeJDMEF8FakeJDMEF8 Senior Wagonist
    oh, lord. why not an EF2 front?! or EF8, or DA9? or maybe a DB8?

the EF9 has the most room.....
  • cmyrexcmyrex Band Wagon
    interesting. so the ef-9 provided the most room. but does require some massaging of everything else correct?
  • NJCIVICWAGON1NJCIVICWAGON1 Council Member
    Marc_EE9 wrote:
    lol

I don't like them, they don't suit the Wagon, have different trim/moulding...
    The EF9 bumper does have a different trim and doesnt match the wagons bumper.

1000.jpg
    1001.jpg

But you can fill the EF9 bumper's trim and it can match the wagon's trims. :wink:
    Here's wat we did to ours to match the wagons trims.
    110.jpg

1002.jpg
    EF9 bumper with the trim filled. I think it compliments the wagons trims well now. 8)

FakeJDMEF8 wrote:
    To answer your actual question:

Yes, there is much more room with the EF9 cover AND* radiator support. You will have much better luck tucking an IC in there...

The bumper bows outward 4-5 inches, while the wagon one is pretty much square-nosed. hard to explain...

It does take a bit of fudging to get the bumper and filler to work properly.....

2x's. I second this. Definately more room in the EF9 bumper if you plan to run an intercooler and the grill is obviously bigger than wagon bumper grill so it will breath better.

The EF9 bumper needs tweaking to make it fit the wagon. For instance. You have to use the wagon filler piece on the EF9 bumper. I had to notch 2 small pieces off the EF9 bumper support so the bumper will go in more. Take sum finessing to get it right but it can be done. Patience is key.
  • g0kug0ku Band Wagon
    The EF9 bumper needs tweaking to make it fit the wagon. For instance. You have to use the wagon filler piece on the EF9 bumper. I had to notch 2 small pieces off the EF9 bumper support so the bumper will go in more. Take sum finessing to get it right but it can be done. Patience is key.

All that extra work and patience pays off, looks great.
  • ef_mcluvenef_mcluven Band Wagon
    the bumpers look really good. i'm also digging the 5 lug swap.
  • Rat-EE2Rat-EE2 Band Wagon
    I think I found what my wagon needs :)
    i may do this. it looks promising. so bumper and bumper support are the key and lots of patience
  • NJCIVICWAGON1NJCIVICWAGON1 Council Member
    Make sure you get the EF9 with its own support. The wagon bumper support will not work with the. JDM bumper.
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    Make sure you get the EF9 with its own support. The wagon bumper support will not work with the. JDM bumper.

o the usdm support will work- you just have to rape and pilage it... :wink:
    i got a freind who might sell me his for cheap cheap so there might be an update in the works
  • So a wAgon support works on a jdm bumpet with mods right?
  • 90shuttle90shuttle Senior Wagonist
    Jeezeeee guys! Its not that complicated lol.
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    It's... not... an... EF9... front... bumper...

ARRGHHH!
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    Haydz wrote:
    It's... not... an... EF9... front... bumper...

ARRGHHH!

shiver-me-timbersssssss.....
  • Then what is it?
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    Comes on any facelifted EF, even the carbie'd ones.
  • My one is off a EF2, 1500cc Carby, slowest least optioned model with wind up windows etc. The cheapest of the cheap, complete oposite to EF9 :D

Really easy to fit, takes about 10mins to mod it with a drill and a sharp knife