91 FWD Auto build Ont Canada

1235»

Comments

• wftbwftb Wagonist
    Here in Ontario Canada it was no problem getting a new windscreen but that was over 2 years ago. Cost was 300.00 installed. Still made as far as I know. Thanks for the post.
  • wftbwftb Wagonist

I have not posted in a while but have still been improving the wagon. I installed these roof rails that I bought from the parts for sale section here on the forum and got some yakima towers to use with the old bars. This pic is from before I bought the proper bases for the towers. Also got the power steering working with a rebuilt rack bought from CTC. Unfortunately, the rack leaked badly but I got another one under warranty, but of course now I have to get another alignment done. But the newest rack does not leak so I am happy about that. Next project is to get the AC working, probably get at that in February sometime after I collect the parts I need. Car is away for the winter now.

And I added a hoist to the garage. I was so sick of crawling around under cars that I was no longer enthused about working on them. I have no idea why this picture is upside down or how to fix it.

• wftbwftb Wagonist

If you click on the lower pic it gives a right side up view.

• That pic freaked me out. lol!

What kind of lift did you get, how was the install?

• wftbwftb Wagonist

It is a model YL140 from Rich equipment in Toronto. It is made in China somewhere. The install was fairly easy, most of it is already together. I used a small chainfall to get the posts upright and to lift them off the pickup. The posts are bottom heavy with all the hydraulics so if you have a smooth floor you can slide them in place once you stand them up. Anchor to the floor and then everything is plug and play. This one uses a 240 V supply but I already had an outlet for the welder so I use that for the hoist. So far no problems.

• wftbwftb Wagonist

Thought I would update a bit. I drive the wagon every summer but have been lazy about getting the AC working on it. But I got a rebuilt compresser and found a new accumulator for it on Ebay. Compressor is mounted and today I got a belt for it. I had to take the exhaust manifold off to get the compressor in but it hasn't been too difficult so far.

• thats one thing i need to do with my RT4WD wagon to see if the A/C works and make sure it doesn't leak

• wftbwftb Wagonist

Now I am working on installing the new accumulator( got on Ebay turned out to be an OEM honda part). But before i connect everything I am going to gently blow all the lines out with compressed air. I have all new orings to install and then get a vacuum pump set from Amazon to see if it leaks and to put the new gas in. The pump set will cost about 200 including shipping but I am just going to sell it after I am done.

• wftbwftb Wagonist

How to Properly Recharge Your AC System - YouTube

Going to use this method to charge the system. This video explains it all very well.