Rebirth | wagon | rhd | k20a2 | jdm front

1131415161719»

Comments

• PrennroPrennro Council Member
    Continued great work! Best of luck on the final install components and dyno results.
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    You got the same resonator and rear muffler as me. I was considering doing a relatively straight exhaust and trying to tuck the muffler where the tips would normally exit.
  • ShwagoneerShwagoneer Band Wagon
    God I wish I had your crazy clean wagon
  • thanks guys. yesterday i spent half a day trying to figure out my exhaust system. one shop said $200 for piping and another quoted 150 but friday afternoon. i needed it done same day because today i am prepping the car for the dyno.

so decided to work on the exhaust myself. i had my old thermo rd in the backyard and i decided to put aside my vibrant muffler because i didnt have enough bends to make that one work so i reinstalled my thermo rd with the added vibrant resonator. im pretty surprised how quiet it is!! videos will be up soon on my channel so bear with me on that.

heres some pix.

2.jpg
    3.jpg
    4.jpg
    5.jpg
    6.jpg
    7.jpg
    8.jpg
    9.jpg
    10.jpg

also shredded my serpentine belt so i got a new one as well.

11.jpg
  • so guys. my mission is completed. drove my car on a basemap for 70 miles to my tuner. (his shop, hes actually in hawaii logged onto team viewer doing the remote tuning) hes very surprised and so was i after all said and done with the tune. the car put down 210/160. it was a basic stock k20a2 with dc header 2.25 outlet to a 3' exhaust and a 3' intake. 91oct and it did incredible. i drove the car back home and it was so flucking smoooooth. it pulled so hard for what it is and i am beyond happy and satisfied!

(we also took my friends crx for a tune after he fixed his fuel issue, 17 to 24lb made 502/340)
    22.jpg
    23.jpg
    24.jpg
    25.jpg
  • DP_RT4WDDP_RT4WD New Wagonist
    Lovin' the assortment of pictures associated with this project... ...and from what I can see, looks like a nice curve; I bet it feels sweet... ...been a long time coming eh?
  • thanks DP_RT4WD! i am still pretty stoked this all happened. ive been driving the car everyday since the tune and i quickly fell in love with the new setup! i have plans for more power gains maybe sometimes this year (if i dont turbo it haha!)

threw on my slicks the other day, but unfortunately the fronts dont clear my itr/10.3 setup :( but thats ok, they are for my crx anyways. probably looking at competition v2 again or some lenso.

also lowered my car and i accidentally when too low. will be readjusting it on my day off and go in for an alignment. plastidipped 2 of my wheels black too haha.

167.jpg
    168.jpg
    169.jpg
  • ShwagoneerShwagoneer Band Wagon
    Your wagon is absolutely amazing I just hope mine will one day at least be half of what yours has become
  • monster dmonster d Wagonist
    Dude! I haven't been keeping up with instagram for a couple months and with you not having a facebook...I haven't been able to follow your stuff as much. Holy shit your grey wagon has been through a lot of changes since the last time I left off. SOHC swap to a K swap? hahah Nice man! And the wagon truck looks pretty fucking interesting! Going back through your build is helping me get motivation to work on my wagon and finally get it finished...hopefully...

P.S. midway of your build thread the pictures aren't working.
  • ZombieMikeZombieMike New Wagonist
    Dude...Its hard to find the words lol. This build, ive followed it for so long and Its one of my favorite wagons, period. For mem this is truly a dream car. Its got all the things ive fantasized about ever since i got my wagon... Ive seen the facebook and IG posts and vids on youtube but im ashamed to say that im just now finding this build thread. Its every bit as AMAZING as i knew it would be. A pure joy to read through, wrought with inspiration for my own wagon as well as tips and 'how-tos' on stuff that ive been curious about or stuff ive just heard folks talking about. The pics and detail in your posts are awesome. Keep up the incredible work and ill surely stayed tuned, forever lol. Extremely nice job, man...:cool:
  • HELLO ALL

1.jpg
  • Zwierzak89Zwierzak89 New Wagonist
    hollyyyyyy s**t :D i love this wagon :D
  • Hey whats the make/model of the wheels on the rear in your latest pic?
  • arries289 wrote: »
    Hey whats the make/model of the wheels on the rear in your latest pic?

It looks like 949racing 6ul 15x8 et36.
  • Man, you are the one that got a bunch of them videos on social media right? What I do want to know is how difficult is the k20/k24 swap into our wagon? Could you tell me the real cost and idea of how bad is it?