my garage queen and project: '91 Shuttle

Comments

• wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    Swap'd-D wrote: »
    Love the cloth on the seats in the white Wagon too. Stock?

Sorta, they are from a Beagle ;)
  • CharbCharb Administrator
    What are the chances of finding a running LHD Beagle?

Perfect parts car, no?
  • 949949 Senior Wagonist
    what are the specs on your wheels?
    Charb wrote: »
    What are the chances of finding a running LHD Beagle?

Perfect parts car, no?

of all the years that i have traveled and visited Europe, i have yet to see one Beagle. of course, when i was younger i wasnt really looking for them lol
    i see Shuttles every rare now then (mostly in Switzerland, of all places!)
    949 wrote: »
    what are the specs on your wheels?

16x8.5 et 15 rear and 25 front
  • double post, oops
  • This thread is overdue for an update.

I remember finding your car on Champaign, Illinois craigslist way back when and alerting doitdub who bought it and later sold it to you. I'm glad you still have it. It looks a lot different now... http://www.civicwagon.com/showthread.php?1232-Super-excited-%28I-FOUND-ONE!%29
  • wagodizzle wrote: »
    of all the years that i have traveled and visited Europe, i have yet to see one Beagle. of course, when i was younger i wasnt really looking for them lol
    i see Shuttles every rare now then (mostly in Switzerland, of all places!)

There are tons of them in Bulgaria and especially Romania.
    Lots of the 80's & 90's cars were exported from the DACH regions.
    You see them with german language dealer stickers and things.
    Also a lot of JDM stuff (I saw beagles) RHD around Odessa due to the port and I was told some sort of allowance for person imports for seamen.
    Spotting a Skyline was a bit of a surprise!

There have been a couple of beagles up on ebay.de
    jpciii wrote: »
    This thread is overdue for an update.

Ha, i suppose it is. Nothing really new, i hope to have a mini photoshoot today so then i'll update you guys :P just waiting on something small to arrive from NZ then i'll update :)

Still got it! Forever and ever <3
    took this picture yesterday at my friend's house. that a '71 GMC in the foreground.

592.jpg

managed to trade my grey console for a blue one (finally!) a while back. also put back the OEM stereo for the sake of being OEM.

593.jpg

594.jpg

Future plans:

-RAGTOP. i have wanted one for well over 5 years, since then i have seen at least 2 other members install them and it's getting me anxious haha. been trying to save for a quality Britax one, but currently being unemployed (in my field) makes it hard to do so.
    -body work. i need to tackle the bit of rust i have had since i bought it. fortunately the mild southern weather has not made it worse. but i still need to address it.
    -finish door cards in a material to match the Beagle seats. just need to get off my butt and do it!
    -secret engine swap :P but thats very much in the future...
    here are a few (by few i mean a lot) pics from last weekend at Import Alliance. drove about 700 miles in the wagon, ran like a champ at 4000 rpm the whole way lol.

tons of fun!

pics in more or less chronological order.. starting at 6:30 am :nightmare:

812.jpg

813.jpg
    814.jpg

815.jpg

816.jpg

817.jpg

818.jpg

819.jpg

820.jpg

821.jpg

822.jpg

823.jpg

824.jpg

825.jpg

826.jpg

827.jpg

828.jpg

credit due for a couple of these photos goes to Charb
  • RoRoRoRo Wagonist
    awesome pictures and love your wagon!
  • I can't believe there's not one RED WAGON
    There was a red RT, you can sorta see it in that first pic. That last panorama pic was just of what wagons remained to the end, sans Scrappy.
    Its been a fresh minute since I've touched this thread, I usually just post things to facebook.. but here are some recent shots!

Nothing really new.

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

3.jpeg

4.jpeg
  • By far some of the best looking wheels on a wagon!
  • wow thats a big group of wagons thats nice . love the wheels, my neighbor has an AE86 and has had those wheels on it for like 11 years if im not mistaken
  • simplyhondasimplyhonda Council Member
    That wasn't all the wagons there that day! I was there too along with others!
    its been a minute since my last post on here, but nothing has really changed! Actually, literally nothing has changed lol.. just driving around on occasion ;)

here is a recent pic

464.jpg
    found a few more I never shared on here.

Also look what shows up on Google Street View!

480.jpg

481.jpg

482.jpg

483.jpg
  • slo88crxslo88crx Senior Wagonist
    Looks badass on those Kosei's
    As some of you may know, I've started a B16A swap.

I have only had a few hours to work on it since delivery, so not much has happened. But starting Thursday I will be on vacation and will be able to dedicate some full days to it :)

So far all I've really done is start tearing into the engine and prepping it for install, replaced t-belt and clutch. Currently working on my wiring harness like, decided to clean it up some and integrate the VTEC and knock sensor wires into it for an OEM look.

Freshly unwrapped after delivery...

12.jpg

Looks pretty clean?

13.jpg

And the parts pile after disassembling some stuff lol

14.jpg
  • leWolfleWolf Senior Wagonist
    i'm blown away by how long you have been at this build. Are you doing a b2d conversion?
    Its been a while eh? Coming on 8 years I believe! My wagon is 2WD, so doing full B-swap with J1 trans.
    Haven't updated in a while! Got the engine in and running nicely, had some challenges along the way but overall it was a pretty smooth process.

One challenge was keeping PS, ended up using an EF pulley with the B16 pump and had to get a DA high pressure hose as well as extended low pressure hose.
    Clearances are TIGHT but no issues so far.

Also had to swap o2 sensor wiring, something nobody ever really mentions...

I made a hybrid harness combining my previously MPFI converted DX harness into the B16 one, which was fun. Not.

Took a million pictures of the process, here are a couple :)

216.jpg

217.jpg

And the finished product!

218.jpg

219.jpg

220.jpg

Thanks for looking!
  • Looks good! good job on the conversion...Do you have A/C too?
    Thanks man! And no, my car didn't come with AC. Wish it did! Ha!
    Been over 2 years since I've posted here, and over 10 years that Ive owned this wagon!!! coming up on 11 :nightmare:

Biggest, and possibly only update, is that I got an EDM/JDM roof rack. I filled in the holes of the USDM rack with some billet alum. bolts and rubber gaskets turned out pretty decent. Found a set of old school Yakima rail grabbers on CL for $35, a voila! Here we are...

IMG_6470_zpsohykqihu.jpg

IMG_E4470_zpskaqznh4b.jpg

IMG_E4472_zps4gtcissp.jpg

Used the extra billet bolts to dress up the engine bay. I dig it.

IMG_E4881_zpsodceycog.jpg

Cruising!

IMG_4866_zpsdnirfti5.jpg

Lastly, I managed to get a "family photo" of our entire fleet, hard to do since the Shuttle lives in my sister's garage in the next town over.
    We sold the silver Mazda6 and replaced it with the black 328i (my wife's daily). My current daily is the silver 528i Touring 5-speed, second daily is the 540i 6-speed :D So yeah we're currently down to 4 cars...

IMG_7035_zpsccoa1xpd.jpg

Cheers!
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    I'm just glad you know how to spell voila.