Overheating trouble

Hello all-
i am having an overheating problem that started today. I have a 1991 rt4. I replaced my radiator about a month ago because is started spraying coolant from the top. Has run great since. Today I noticed the temp gauge started hitting the top. I pulled over and let it cool down and went straight home.later, I fired it up and checked some normal things. The fan kicked on and the thermostat opened fine. When I ran it with the radiator cap off, it was spitting coolant out. I've let my radiator burp out air but this was different. It was spitting up an inch or two. Can someone tell me what might be going on?
thanks in advance

Comments

• arries289arries289 Wagonist
    Couple of things come to mind....1) you have air in the system 2) you damaged the head gasket and you have exhaust in the system. Bleed the air out using the bleeder on the thermostat housing.
  • JLane91JLane91 New Wagonist
    Agreed with the above post. Head gasket will push exhaust fumes through coolant to cause bubbles. They make a head gasket checker that sits on radiator to detect fumes. Like stated, try to bleed the air out using the bleeder on housing. Even though you checked the thermostat don't rule that out.