Mapone’s Puzzle shuttle

2»

Comments

• maponemapone New Wagonist
    This is something new :-)
    27.jpg
    Why I have the aquarium in my tail? It happened first time. Can I prevent it some way?
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    The tail light seal is probably damaged/leaking.

33502-SH5-003 GASKET - LAMP
  • WagoneroWagonero Band Wagon
    I agree with Haydz.The seal sponge gets brittle after 25 years or so.
    When I removed the taillights before the pain job, I ripped the seal (portion of the seal stuck on the body).
    I purchased some dense 4 mm sponge and cut the new seal.
    I used the old seal as a template.
    I never even tried to search for an OEM seal.
    This is just an idea .
    I like EDM roof rails better than USDM roof racks and that's what we will install.
    I looked at it today. The seal is not so brittle. The problem was the dirt on and around the seal sponge. I cleaned the seal and the body part when it touched against the tail light. Then I used the silicone spray on the seal. It should be OK now.
    Like I told you at the beginning of my thread, I had some problem with the rear differential mounting points. It has pre drilled holes in the rear cross member to bolt it on. But no nuts inside.
    I didn’t want to use the nut inserts. It doesn’t seem like a solid solution for me. There is the torque on the differential and I thought it could rip it off even with the inserted nuts.
    My best idea at that time was to use normal nuts with big washers and put them inside the cross member and bolt the differential up. It was pretty simple and it looked like it could work. And it worked up to around 1500miles.
    Until it just couldn’t last one more day. It had to happen. A normal day like any other. In the morning on my way to work I stopped at the light. When I had the green light, I was releasing the clutch and bam. There was a serious of bangs from the floor, like somebody angry with a big hammer was under my car. I didn’t know what had happened.
    After I put it on the lift I realized that the rear differential with the mounting component was torn out even with the washer and the piece of cross member.

91.jpg
    92.jpg

It was a sure thing I wanted to fix it someway. But how? Just one way was possible.
    I opened the whole rear cross member from inside and using 5mm metal wafer and welder made new differential support which I later welded into the cross member.
    93.jpg
    94.jpg
    95.jpg
    96.jpg
    97.jpg

I made some test drives and later I just covered it back up. I can proudly say it works even now.
    98.jpg
    Installed gold honda emblems, And one special DX emblem. I think it is from 91 civic and have no idea what it mean´s but I like it.
    185.jpg
    186.jpg
    187.jpg
    Hi folks,
    Last time I’ve been working on the exhaust, I have had enough of the loud sound getting out of the muffler. I’m not a street racer and I don’t like when everybody knows I’m riding around.
    First I have installed the OEM del sol D16Z6 header.
    22.jpg
    23.jpg

The 2-1 under engine pipes are lightly modified Honda HR-V.
    24.jpg
    25.jpg

I got another treasure hunt. I found the OEM Honda middle pipe in really good condition, rusty but not rotten.
    26.jpg
    27.jpg
    28.jpg

It is impossible to buy rear muffler for shuttle in here. I ordered rear muffler for 4g sedan and made some cutting and welding to fit it on.
    29.jpg
    30.jpg

After media blasting it went to get a new ceramic coat. Now it looks like a new.
    31.jpg
    32.jpg

Now I'm enjoying the sweet silence. I feel like I'm riding some new car :D
  • monster dmonster d Wagonist
    Fucking awesome dude!! I would love to go back and doo all this with my suspension
    Prepared for the painting
    93.jpg
    94.jpg
  • FakeJDMEF8FakeJDMEF8 Senior Wagonist
    what colour you painting it?!
    FakeJDMEF8 wrote: »
    what colour you painting it?!
    I decided to do not paint whole car. The original blue paint is quite nice, exept a few scratches. But it is nothing major, real wagon should have some scar that proves it is the good workhorse.
    I only wanted to paint the bottom of the doors including door trims and bumpers using the Beagle gray mettalic NH83M.