Oil Pan Removal , Without Removing the engine? ( RT4WD only )

klumklum Senior Wagonist
Hello everybody, Just curious as to what everyone does about our oil pan gaskets for RT4WD . last time I replaced my motor I replaced my gasket but for some dumb reason I just didn't seal the gasket like I was supposed to its leaked a little not bad but now its kind of rediculous and I really need to replace it again but I would very much not want to have to pull the motor again... any way . if anyone has any tips or tricks lmk me and my friend have discussed maybe just removing the transfer case but that too doesn't sound too promising.

Comments

• AbideAbide Council Member
    pull the header, driveshaft, and transfer case and you should be clear. im still not sure if its more or less of a pain than yanking the motor
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    Yeah it is the transfer case that is a pain and some people say they can only get it part way off.
    There is a thread describing how to do it properly but I cannot find it. I remember the thread because a lot of RT owners were excited about it.
  • klumklum Senior Wagonist
    I've just injured my shoulder back on forth of july and my mobility is limited and I really cant strain much so I'd like to find a easier way. This is literally the biggest flaw in design for this car IMHO lol fuckin' oil pans