New owner to a 88 Wagovan

So My name is Fabian, I've had Honda's, but this is my first Wagovan. Super excited, she has 270k miles, no funny noises like my last crx, needs some work, but nothing major. Just got it a couple days ago so I haven't really driven it. Looking forward to making new friends, not looking to get on anybodies bad side. Will add pictures later, along with the motor build for my del sol.

Comments

• king06king06 Band Wagon
    Well it's been a while and she is getting totaled. Now she has 291K miles, and I could never find a stupid drivers seat. I was in the turning lane going left when a 19 year old kid decided he wanted to share a lane.

2.jpg
    Camry looks bad
    3.jpg
    Well it's been a while and she is getting totaled. Now she has 291K miles, and I could never find a stupid drivers seat. I was in the turning lane going left when a 19 year old kid decided he wanted to share a lane.

2.jpg
    Camry looks bad
    3.jpg
    Here's project, havent touched in a while. Slow, slow process since buying a second house.

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg
    So its been more than 20k miles and somebody decided to destroy the wagon.

2.jpg
    3.jpg

here is the project del sol

4.jpg

6.jpg
  • hrtbrk1hrtbrk1 Band Wagon
    Sorry about the wagon
  • ZombieMikeZombieMike New Wagonist
    DAAAAAMN...Sorry to see your wagon like this. I hope noone was injured. it doesnt look TOO bad. Maybe bring it back to life??
    Thanks. Still waiting on the insurance to see how much they are willing to pay. They already said its totalled since all parts are discontinued lol.

Anybody had insurance pay out their wagon?
    Nobody hurt. It was a soft hit just a huge scrape I didnt realize what happen till I looked back and saw his front end gone lol. He was mad and trying blame me. His dad was worse lol

I highly doubt it will get fixed, not worth it in my eyes. Not to mention there is no parts in my area.
    MAJOR bummer dude...back before christmas I was hit by a kid that lost control and came into my lane, head on at me. Rather than let him hit me i dumped my car on the shoulder, because of that it was just a glancing blow to my driver's side rear...Hit on the door and right before the wheel well. Minor damage but his insurance paid to fix my car AND give me a rental during the repair. They couldnt find that tiny trim piece so they gave me $200 back lol. Total bill was like $1200. The value of my car (per insurance comp.) is $700 lol...Hate to hear you wont be able to bring it back man, that said and ZERO disrespect intended, i HAVE to inquire about a possible part out? Id be interested in a couple things...
    Lol. Yea. I'm surprised they even fixed it for you. They straight up told me over the phone before they saw it that it was going to be totalled. Savage people lol.

As afar as a part out I'll know as soon as the insurance gets back to me. I'm In the middle of purchasing a second house and there are No funds to buy another car, so I will be driving it till I figure something out. But I'll post it here, at least the small stuff if I part it.
  • klumklum Senior Wagonist
    king06 wrote: »
    Thanks. Still waiting on the insurance to see how much they are willing to pay. They already said its totalled since all parts are discontinued lol.

Anybody had insurance pay out their wagon?

i got 2800 and kept my wagon after showing comps in the area ( mines 4wd tho ) - oh and I got to keep the car! otherwise it was going to be 3200 , either that or it was 3800 and 4200 i cant remember exactly . but it was at least 2800 lol
    king06 wrote: »
    Lol. Yea. I'm surprised they even fixed it for you. They straight up told me over the phone before they saw it that it was going to be totalled. Savage people lol.

As afar as a part out I'll know as soon as the insurance gets back to me. I'm In the middle of purchasing a second house and there are No funds to buy another car, so I will be driving it till I figure something out. But I'll post it here, at least the small stuff if I part it.

Good deal. ill keep a look out. And yeah i was definitely worried mine would be totaled. To the point to where i had arranged with the kid to settle without insurance OR police involvement...but that failed when he started getting flakey. Luckily he admitted insurance would be the best route.
    So it's been almost two weeks and still no word from State Farm. I called the adjuster and I got her voice mail, she won't be back until Tuesday. I kept calling till I got a person, she tried to transfer me to the person in charge of my case, not available. I asked for a super visor, not available. They said leave your number and theyll call you back. That was Thursday, I also sent an email. Nothing.
  • Good luck. My truck was Tboned by some old asian lady that has state farm and they raked me over the coals as far as vehicle price goes. Then they had the gall to send me a letter "Looking for a new vehicle? Let us help."
    Good luck. My truck was Tboned by some old asian lady that has state farm and they raked me over the coals as far as vehicle price goes. Then they had the gall to send me a letter "Looking for a new vehicle? Let us help."

OH man. They are going to want to give me $200 check. No bueno
    Damn id be pissed too...Thast just shitty business. Guy that hit me had Nationwide and the very first time i spoke with anyone, the lady told me "Dont worry, were gonna make sure youre happy by the end of this." i was kinda shocked lol and except for the missing trim piece, i was pretty happy with the outcome. Hopefully its just been a busy week and youll get some correspondence soon...
    I got the call today. They'll pay $1k or $650ish and I keep it with a salvage title, not that I care. It looks like I'm keeping it since i cant afford another car. Or find a car for $1k. Money is super tight right now since I'm in the middle of purchasing a house.

I paid $1350 for it so not much of a loss. It's just going to be hard finding another cheap car. There's another wagon local to me but he wants like $3k lol. That's not going to happen.
  • Do the doors still operate? Not sure if the hit was hard enough to actually bend up the frame there. The damage to the rear quarter sucks, but could be fixed. You can still find doors at pick and pulls. Fenders are a bit of a hot commodity. If I ever get unlazy I'll actually start molding some myself.

Long story short, if the vehicle is worth it to you, it looks like it's definitely able to be fixed.

I hate salvage titles, if only for the reason that people are very wary about buying a vehicle that has one. Even though in the instance of this wagon, clearly it wasn't destroyed beyond all belief. They just value them at next to nothing.
    Everything functions like it should, just ugly and I don't want to spend more money on it. It will not get fixed.
    damn...yea on paper wagons are worth dick lol. I know how you feel about the tightness of finances, kinda in the same boat. Moving, expecting kid #2 etc etc...Hate you wont be able to fix it man, Another wagon, shit on because people cant pay attention :hopelessness: Again no disrespect, If in the future youre ready or willing, id still be interested in the rear flaps and roof rack..
    Lol it definitely sucks. Not enough to fix it ND not enough to buy another wagon. As far as parting start making offers. The rears are actually awd but they where sanded down by the previous owner.