turbo wagon??

Hi all I'm new here and picked up a 1990 Honda civic wagon. Love it but as I'm sure you all know hella under powered... Its all stock except a header test pipe and cold air intake all on a d15b. I've already picked up a d16y8 head and planning on doing a mini me swap.. Well my buddy has a old d series turbo manifold lying around and a bov so I'm picking it up also for 75 bucks!! My question is what would be the best turbo to use? The wagon is mostly a daily driver and I'd like to keep it that way... Any suggestions really appreciated! Or links to other turbo'd wagons would be cool thanks and sorry for the book

Comments

• That's a very very open ended question.

Search around see what other people have done.

1. Not all manifolds are the same
    2. Where do you want your power
    3. What's your budget.

These are all things you need to answer for yourself to help determine just what you want.

A friend in here just did a dohc zc swap and that was enough to transform the vehicle for him.

So what you're asking is very subjective and many others have asked the same thing.

Use advanced search, it helps more than just basic.
  • fro08fro08 Band Wagon
    Alright man thanks... The intake is a basic cast iron intake my budget is minimal at best haha o the struggle haha... I'd prefer my power band to be low and mid range as I'm not building a all out race machine...
  • I wager you mean exhaust. Basic doesn't really clarify much really. T3/T4 there are lots of turbo manifold types so which one you have will dictate the turbo that bolts up. Sounds like you just want a small turbo.

eBay junk will work for a while, but you get what you pay for there.

You may consider checking junk yards for turbo vehicles.
  • fro08fro08 Band Wagon
    The turbo manifold my buddy has is cast iron has a t3t4 flange... Guy local to me has a rev9 57 trim turbo and intercooler that I might pick up as well... On a side not GTG we have the same year and color wagon!! Yours is way cooler than mine though...
  • Yeah but currently mine needs a clutch, and the interior is absolutely gutted =D So if yours runs and drives and you can seat more than one, well, you're doing better than I am right now.
  • fro08fro08 Band Wagon
    Haha yea trying to find the stuff I need to swap a five speed into it and collect the rest of the stuff I need for the mini me swap... Gonna hold off on the turbo stuff till everything else is done