RT4WD gear ratios

Im looking to get closer gearing in my 4wd wag anyone got any info? I really dont know anything about this but i want to get it as close to a jdm itr gearing as possible.... These long gears are killing me!

Comments

• 3rd4ce3rd4ce Council Member
    im not sure what your looking to do but maybe a search of this may help you out..
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4942
  • driftin90driftin90 Senior Wagonist
    i thought the rt gearing was the lowest? shoot my wagon is chugging fuel going over 65.
  • jasnalljasnall Wagonist
    Ya mines at like 3800rpm at 80, maybe he wants to go faster quicker.
  • well i really like short gears and would love to get this thing at 3500rpm at 60mph. just gives it a lot more pep.. Ive search on the forum and havent seen anything about gear ratios just rwd swaps.

Im so used to driving a b16/itr trannys this rt tranny feels sooooooo long and takes for ever to get to 5th
  • moff3ttmoff3tt Band Wagon
    Here is the gear ratios as stated by the factory service manual:
    Primary Reduction: 1.000
            Super Low: 4.512
                First: 3.384
               Second: 1.950
                Third: 1.275
               Fourth: 0.941
                Fifth: 0.783
              Reverse: 3.000
      Final Reduction: 4.428

Using zealautowerks.com's transmission tool here is the RT4WD transmission (green) compared to a CRX Si transmission (blue) using the stock d16a6 rev limit of 7200rpm and respective stock tire sizes:

rt4wdvscrxsi.jpg

Even with a larger diameter tire the RT4WD transmission still edges out the CRX Si transmission.
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    BOOM! HEADSHOT!

Unlocked because:

a) Above post is good info.
    and
    b) We need some more recent discussion on this topic

Unless someone else can point me to a recent one? The other link posted points to the quick links which doesn't directly point to any discussion on this topic.
  • i just want shorter gearing!!!
    i just want shorter gearing!!!

OH... my bad. Well I think you're SOL unless you want to buy some custom made parts.

Of course maybe there is a final drive that fits from a different transmission that you can get that will shorten up the rest of the gears.
  • i was under the assumption that since this car has a rear end there is no FD....
  • BishopBishop Band Wagon
    time to do a lot more reading then, the rt4wd has a final drive similar to the regular fwd transmission but iirc it has more bolts and a second gear bolts to it and the diff to send power to the rear.
  • jasnalljasnall Wagonist
    Get some tiny wheels and tires.
  • Okiewagon1Okiewagon1 Wagonist
    jasnall wrote:
    Get some tiny wheels and tires.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Sticky or link in a reference sticky for this?
  • my rt4wd has great gearing, and pulls to 120 no problem. better than my z6 ef
  • CrxKoffeCrxKoffe Band Wagon
    moff3tt wrote: »
    Here is the gear ratios as stated by the factory service manual:
    Primary Reduction: 1.000
            Super Low: 4.512
                First: 3.384
               Second: 1.950
                Third: 1.275
               Fourth: 0.941
                Fifth: 0.783
              Reverse: 3.000
      Final Reduction: 4.428

Using zealautowerks.com's transmission tool here is the RT4WD transmission (green) compared to a CRX Si transmission (blue) using the stock d16a6 rev limit of 7200rpm and respective stock tire sizes:

20.jpg

Even with a larger diameter tire the RT4WD transmission still edges out the CRX Si transmission.

I need some help with gearbox ratios. Im using this page. And i need to know witch the ratio is on the fifth gear. http://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/1988/1099865/honda_civic_shuttle_rt-i_4wd.html

Number of gears:

Gear ratios (overall):

I

4.512 (19.98)

II

3.384 (14.98)

III

1.95 (8.63)

IV

1.275 (5.65)

V

0.941 (4.17)

VI

0.783 (3.47)

VII

()

VIII

()

R

And on this page it says this.
    Is the fifth one VI then? Cause if im not wrong the super low is I?
  • CrxKoffeCrxKoffe Band Wagon

Number of gears:

Gear ratios (overall):

I
    4.512 (19.98)

II
    3.384 (14.98)

III
    1.95 (8.63)

IV
    1.275 (5.65)

V
    0.941 (4.17)

VI
    0.783 (3.47)

VII
    ()

VIII
    ()

R

Hello! Witch one should i look at to get the gear ratio of the fifth one? If im not wrong the superlow is I and II is number one? And the fifth one should be VI ? Please help me out guys =)

Number of gears:

http://www.automobile-catalog.com/car/1988/1099865/honda_civic_shuttle_rt-i_4wd.html