baby seat mounts?

Cant seem to locate anchoring points for child seats on my 89 rt4wd ee3 wagon.
Can somebody tell me where they are?
Thank you

Comments

• bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    There aren't any, besides the seat belts.

Once, years ago, I found some attachment points in a junkyard car. They were mounted on the interior end of the top rear bumper bolts- so at floor level beneath the back hatch.

Baby seat was the only explanation I could think of, but I never saw another set since. Gave them to a friend with a kid.
  • cwin13cwin13 New Wagonist
    There is one but it's pretty much irrelevant to today's safety anchoring points. Here's what my manual says and here's a pic of the attachment in my car. Mine's a 91 rt so idk if it's different.

347.jpg

348.jpg
  • rbwdrivenrbwdriven Senior Wagonist
    yep pretty much they are no go on the newer child seats.

when i had the baby seats in my ef's I just tucked the shoulder belt/lap part through the hole and then into the seat belt holder.

I never worried cause I tested it doing a brake test with the kids not in the car.

I even did it in my crx with my rotty in the back.
  • Thanks guys, thought it was odd. Guess I can still mount them in and use that rear mount under the hatch but then can't fit the pram in the boot lol.
    believe it or not I can get a full size double pram and two properly mounted child seats in my 83 ae86 hatch :/
    even still really enjoying my first week of ownership with the rt wagon.
  • DRMORTYDRMORTY Council Member
    Well, I guess that I learned something new....

Never even noticed a tether setup in the owners manual before..

Funny thing is that I have found a few of those tether mounts over the years...
  • cwin13cwin13 New Wagonist
    I only noticed it because I was looking for car seat mounts when I got my wagon. But just hooking the seatbelt through the car seat is safe, I do it with my 2 kids' carseats in the wagon and I did it in my 91 si :)
  • I think that's ok for todler booster seats but for infants you do need the tether strap to be secured. It stops the seat rotating from rotating on the lap sash seatbelt in a frontal crash.The seat belt holds it against the seat and the tether strap keeps it upright.
  • HondammitHondammit Band Wagon
    Not to dredge up a dead thread, but the attachment points outlined here are for forward facing seats with top tether straps, they're not used for rear facing seats. Modern car seat laws require their use if the car is equipped with them. Rear facing seats just use the belts. The anchor plates aren't usually there, you have to order them from Honda if you need them. Part number is 82410-SE3-C01. They're about $13 a piece. I thought it was kind of silly that they ran them to the back of the cargo area instead of the floor behind the seat, but TECHNICALLY they're supposed to be removed when not in use, so I guess that's the reasoning.
  • SylquebecSylquebec Band Wagon
    double post sorry
  • SylquebecSylquebec Band Wagon
    Is there someone that could send me a pics of his child seat fit in the wagon? I just buy a civic wagon to get my 2 kids in it...
    If i understand correctly, i need to attach the seatbelt trough the kids seat and i need to order the 82410-se2-c01 oem part to get the tether strap to the back of the car ?
  • HondammitHondammit Band Wagon
    Sylquebec wrote: »
    Is there someone that could send me a pics of his child seat fit in the wagon? I just buy a civic wagon to get my 2 kids in it...
    If i understand correctly, i need to attach the seatbelt trough the kids seat and i need to order the 82410-se2-c01 oem part to get the tether strap to the back of the car ?

Correct. The seat is strapped in like usual, and the top tether runs over the top of the back seat to the anchor. The anchor bolts into the premade points in the back hatch. I always use the H clip with the seat belt for an extra snug fit as well. If I remember I'll post a pic tomorrow of how it fits.