ECU tuning for DOHC ZC

Howdy gents. I've done my searching on the forums before starting this topic (I don't like redundant threads). I'm taking the PM6 ECU from my D16A6 and using it on my DOHC ZC build. Both engines are from 91' and my PM6 from the A6 is programmable. I don't want to throw down the money for a used PM7 ECU. I was wondering if any one here knows of a reputable member or person I can contact that does ECU chipping and programming at a reasonable rate. I need nothing fancy. I am looking for a factory PM7 tune on my PM6 ECU. Any insight would be highly appreciated.
Thank you!

P.S. I'm aware that a PG7 will do the job; but a PM7 tune is ultimately what I'm after. :encouragement:

EDIT::I think I've answered my own question with google. Xenochron anyone?

Comments

• civtec350civtec350 Wagonist
    i dont know for sure, but i was under the impression that obd0 computers are not chippable. i dealt with xenocron for my 89 civic si that i converted to obd1. they chipped and socketed a stock p06 (non vtec single cam) to run a lsvtec turbo on 14 lbs. they supplied the computer also. total cost was about $115 shipped. they were very knowledgeable.
  • RangerRanger Band Wagon
    From what I understand, certain obd0 computers cannot be chipped. Particularly older models that were from the late eighties. Others require a simple desolder and resolder alongwwith a programmed chip for the tune. Thanks for the input on xenocron!
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    Waste of time. Convert to OBD1 or else just install the PM7. The PM6 is weak on the ZC. There really is a world of difference when you go to the PM7.
    A pm6 with a PM7 tune won't give me the same results?
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    Why would you do that when you could just get a PM7 for $20? They are literally throw away items.
  • jb2wheelsjb2wheels Wagonist
    My shopping Ninja skills are week - where can I get a PM7 for $20 or so?
  • PoozMcgueePoozMcguee New Wagonist
    They're $50 on ebay. Cheaper on our local auction / craigslist / trademe website here.
    I've searched ebay; and I did it again just now. The cheapest PM7 I could find came from Germany for $50 plus shipping. Everything else was hovering between $100-$150. Perhaps a PG7 would be a better option. I've read good things about PG7 in the DOHC ZC. It would be much cheaper than chipping the PM6 or purchasing a PM7.
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    Saw this and figured I would mention it, might be worthwhile seeing if they would ship to you.

https://nzhondas.com/topic/179296-pm7-obd0-ecu/