Center Vent interchange?

Does the center vent (middle of the dash above climate controls) interchange with other civics? I remember hearing that the sedan ones are the same, but is it year specific? I have a 88 wagon if it matters. Any help is very much appreciated.

Comments

• leWolfleWolf Senior Wagonist
    You know i dont think any of them do, I was pretty sure they just didnt fit right but heck who knows. I remember i pulled one from a 4 door but I didnt use it for some reason. Also did you check the ef/ee/da interchange post? Mods will definately point you there.
  • ZCHondaCRX91ZCHondaCRX91 New Wagonist
    leWolf wrote: »
    You know i dont think any of them do, I was pretty sure they just didnt fit right but heck who knows. I remember i pulled one from a 4 door but I didnt use it for some reason. Also did you check the ef/ee/da interchange post? Mods will definately point you there.

Thanks, yeah I checked in that thread first but didn't see anything about it.
  • SiWagonSiWagon Council Member
    Yes they are.That's how Honda keeps cost down.All the same gen Civic's except the CRX.I swapped in a black(or dark grey) center vent into me brown interior.It looks Sweeet!

:nightmare:Warning.Be carefull prying the vent out or you'll break 1 of 2 tabs.The tabs are to the left & right of the clock opening.Use a str. blade long screwdriver to pry it out.
    Good Luck.
  • Not true. I purchased a center vent on ebay a while ago to replace my broken one and it didn't fit. Supposedly it came off a 89 wagon, mine is a 91. I said screw it, and pulled one from a sedan at the junkyard and again, didnt fit. Finally I took my broken one to the junkyard and to compare and the one that did fit was one from a 88-89 hatchback. Crazy!
  • DomoHondaDomoHonda New Wagonist
    Sedan vents don't fit. I actually just tried that today. The wagon has 5 horizontal fins and sedan has only four. Tried test fitting it and sedan is wider, by like a mm. But wagon is taller. Could have installed sedan vent but would have had a gap above the vent. Gonna check the hatchback next time I head out to junker.
  • Jonty25252Jonty25252 Band Wagon
    Hi if your vent is not fit, then check model types its suits to your car model. Because when you want to change any vent then purchase it According to model name and types. its best fits because its designed keep the size of model like ACURA , BMW , For JEEP
  • Jonty25252Jonty25252 Band Wagon
    The inside vent on my 82 XJ6 has turned out-really the plastic bushings it turns on dropped out so I evacuated the metal fold subsequent to detaching the actuator pole so it
    wouln't ""fold"" around.Of course now I need to supplant it.I have new bushings however how would I evacuate the encompassing lodging. (I am likewise putting in a recently revamped dash in the meantime.)