The WAGON vs CRX hood comparison

So talking to Charb the other day I asked what he thought on a final hood comparison. So I went out and bought an EDM CRX hood just to see how far off they are. We all know they don't work, but this hopefully will end the curiosity . Most of us old guys know that a CRX hood has been fitted but required cutting, and the pictures have since been lost. I am sure a child could have done a better job of making this look more professional than I did but this should get people a decent idea.

My apologies for the ugly rusted up hood.

Understand this isn't some super accurate scientific comparison, just a quick visual comparison with some quick measurements. I tried to get these to sit as straight up as possible to get an idea of the visual difference.
26.jpg

This pic is to show just how far up the wagon the CRX hood is going to sit and you can also see how far over the fender it will sit. I was unable to get the CRX hood to latch properly so I used a quick clamp to keep it latched properly. The latches are identical so I am not quite sure why I couldn't get it to latch. Maybe due to angle, or the way I had it sitting on the wagon.
27.jpg

I also measured the hood hinge distance, measured from center bolt hole from left to right is:
Wagon - 129 cm
CRX - 131 cm
28.jpg

Comments

• AbideAbide Council Member
    perfect for doing the VW style Boser hood
  • MrOiSomeMrOiSome Band Wagon
    What about the hinges, are they interchangeable? Hinge rusted out on me :miserable:
  • ragenasianragenasian Moderator
    MrOiSome wrote: »
    What about the hinges, are they interchangeable? Hinge rusted out on me :miserable:

Sorry can't say for sure. I had the hood delivered to my house so I have nothing to compare it too. I can however measure the bolts holes on the hood and see if they are the same distance.
  • jpciiijpciii familEE
    I can tell you that CRX and sedan hinges are different... I suspect wagon is different also.