"Born to Roll"

2»

Comments

• OddMarzOddMarz New Wagonist
    This weekend I got to do something's on the wagon again, I was at the gas station filling up and decided to check oil and found out it was dirty and a little low, I then took a short drive to Honda and Autozone to get some things

Things purchased at Honda: Manual Transmission Fluid 1qt x3, Oil filter n washer, blank Honda key, and from Autozone: motor oil 5qt can, gear oil 1qt also not pictured funnel w/ hose to put trans oil in, and pump to put gear oil in

518.jpg

quick pic before work started

519.jpg

finally got around to change the drive belts that had already been purchased

520.jpg

After all the work was done, took her for a test drive, everything was fine, went for a car wash and drove home, later that nigh got a call from an old friend who I sold my old Ek too, and he txt me a pic of my old car at Buttonwillow

This was my old car went from being a daily driven B20Vtec (grs head, b20bottom) CTRtrans, ITR 5 lug suspension, with A/C to a K20R track car only, I really miss this car, hope to one day build another one

521.jpg
  • Good stuff man! Love your wagon, it literally came fully loaded with all the goodies! Glad you got everything fixed too!
    What's up every one long to no see, well I have had a lot of ups and downs since the last time I was here, got frustrated with wagon, thought about selling it, put it for sale, then decided to keep it (still get pm's and txt about the wagon till this day), just thought about how hard it is to find an EF (ee I know) model in very good condition, good interior, all the body line match, adult owned, well taken care off. So that brings us to now, recently I got inspired by a friend who's building an 88 CRX Si w/ SiR inspired everything then I started coming around here again and IG got more inspiration from several wagons Prennero's wagon, Brian_ee4's wagon, Jessecrx's wagon to name a few

Took her for a bath when I decided to start DD her again

7.jpeg

we decided to move to a new city 6hrs away from where we lived the wagon drove like a champ fully load and all

8.jpeg

got a new job at new city, haven't worked at a chop for about 8yrs hope this goes well

9.jpeg

you can say my new boss is a car guy or I should say Honda guy

10.jpeg

went to a local pick-a-part and found this Da armrest, hope to install soon

11.jpeg

the friend building the CRX SiR inspired gifted me a 89-91 EF pedal set in case I do a B series swap to use w/ hush performance bracket

12.jpeg

13.jpeg

on the 6hr road trip I did discovered the roof supports or ribs (or what ever they're called) came loose and make a loud annoying sound (from what I've read on this forum it's a common problem) would like to fix that and get rid of roof rack and repaint roof

14.jpeg

is this the plastic trim that goes here easy to take off? Mine has it missing on one side

15.jpeg

here's the good side for comparison

16.jpeg

have had a set of Sprint Hart R rims for a long time if any body comes across theses center caps for sale a heads up would be greatly appreciated

17.jpeg
    Have some questions hope some one here can help, I've been using the search button but haven't found any definitive answers or end up in dead links to old site, I have a friend giving me a really good deal on a set of coilovers BUT they're for an EK, can Ek coilovers work on the wagon? Now I understand that I would need to get a fork style LCA because I have an 88 other than that is it possible,any help or a point at the right link would be very helpful
  • 5SpeedEJ65SpeedEJ6 Band Wagon
    OddMarz wrote: »
    Have some questions hope some one here can help, I've been using the search button but haven't found any definitive answers or end up in dead links to old site, I have a friend giving me a really good deal on a set of coilovers BUT they're for an EK, can Ek coilovers work on the wagon? Now I understand that I would need to get a fork style LCA because I have an 88 other than that is it possible,any help or a point at the right link would be very helpful
    Up front you'd need to run EK (1996-2000) forks. In the rear I've personally never seen your lca's, but you need the fork style ones like you said. I'm guessing an EF LCA would fit your wagovan. You might need to bend/trim slightly the rear fork for it to fit on your EF LCA (since EK LCA's are thinner than EG/EF).