Marks 1996 RT4WD Beagle from NZ

2»

Comments

• Fitted suspension, alot happier with how the car is sitting.

Also found this wiring plug in the rear right boot compartment, does anybody know what it does?

124.jpg
  • PoozMcgueePoozMcguee New Wagonist
    Dosn't look OEM, CD Stacker? Lol those were a thing.
  • Took car for a drive, shocks are soft, and 3 of them are really knocking, can only blame myself for buying secondhand junk though.

Will have a play with the dampers tomorrow to harden them up a little, and drop the back an inch or so more.

Handles reasonably well though.

141.jpg
  • rti intracrti intrac Senior Wagonist
    Looking good. I've also had heaps of fun with second hand shocks
  • lakaylakay Wagonist
    looking great :adoration:
  • 7___3___2 wrote: »
    Fitted suspension, alot happier with how the car is sitting.

Also found this wiring plug in the rear right boot compartment, does anybody know what it does?

That is probably a tow light plug but it is hard to tell since it is much different than what we have in the US.
  • That is probably a tow light plug but it is hard to tell since it is much different than what we have in the US.

Thanks man.

I thought that too, however it terminates quite short in the compartment. And I can't see the wagon ever had a bar on it. Maybe it did, but since got removed.
  • 7___3___27___3___2 Band Wagon
    Small update, me and a friend fitted the front lip last weekend been, pretty happy with how it looks sectioned to fit around bars.

Got a car bra (terrible name) off a shuttle and chucked that on too. Not sure how I feel about it, I think they are kind of played out.

Still waiting to find wheels... might have some 15x7 impul hoshinos inbound in 114, just waiting on adaptors to arrive.

11.jpg
    Got some wheels finally. Linea sports crimson mesh, similar to bbs rs.

New toyo T1R tyres in 195 50 16. Should have dropped tyre size as fronts do rub a bit, will roll them slightly.

Not sure if I'm a fan of the look to be honest, wish the rear could go an inch lower too.

See if it grows on me over the next week or so.

116.jpg
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    That lip looks really nice. Possible the best I've seen on a wagon with a Beagle bar? It doesn't look out of place, fits nice & snug like it was meant to be there. Good job on that....

As for the wheels, the tires do look a little beefy....?
    BillBoard wrote: »
    That lip looks really nice. Possible the best I've seen on a wagon with a Beagle bar? It doesn't look out of place, fits nice & snug like it was meant to be there. Good job on that....

As for the wheels, the tires do look a little beefy....?

Yeah tyres are huge man. 50 profile I think.

Thanks for the nice words though. I'll put a couple more photos up.
    18.jpeg
    19.jpeg
    20.jpeg
  • Willdat?Willdat? Band Wagon
    Hey - wanting to join the Beagle club in NZ but the one I've found drives beautifully except for a noise that worries me a little.

It squeals like a slightly loose fanbelt but continues at regular intervals regardless of engine/road speed.

With engine idling there is no noise.

Should I run and wait for another, or is it a maintenance item I can sort such as the viscous coupler?

Thanks heaps, Will