Hello from Florida

Hello, I've just purchased my first wagon. I'm 29 and I live in Saint Petersburg Florida. I've owned several Hondas and I've loved all of them. I'm a full time musician, so this was a practical choice for tinkering and also everyday use. I'll post some pics in a sec, all modifications were done by the previous owner. I'll probably change it a lot over time, but I don't totally hate how it looks/drive in its current state. The engine is a JDM D15B mated to a cable SI tranny. No name coiloversand rolling on 15" DRW's. I plan on taking care of all basic repairs and maintenance. Once it's tip top, then I'll begin modifying. Probably an engine rebuild, small turbo/low boost, more tasteful wheels, and other exterior modifications. I've been reading threads from this site and I'm pleased to see how helpful everyone is. Nice to meet y'all, thanks for having me.

Ben
1990 Civic Wagon 2WD (5 speed)

Comments

• Another FL wagon! Love it...now you gotta post some pics! Welcome to the forum.
  • bam-bambam-bam Council Member
    Welcome aboard.
  • ChaseChase Wagonist
    Welcome dude, I Wanna see some pictures!!!
  • RevmaynardRevmaynard Council Member
    Welcome to the site! What kind of music do you play?
  • WagoBenWagoBen Band Wagon
    Hello everyone thanks for the greetings!

@Rev I play bluegrass/folk music.

So the first two are with the wheels it had when I purchased it.

1.jpeg

2.jpeg

Those wheels weren't really my cup of tea. Way too heavy. So I got rid of those and got a set of E30 bottle caps that I like much better. Still has a slightly aggressive offset and are fairly light too. I also have a few sets of tires leftover from my Miata days so going down in size was very beneficial. Car drives much better now as a result.

3.jpeg

The wheels were spray painted black and very badly at that. I stripped the paint best I could, but it'll need another session and cleaning before it looks semi presentable.

The wiring done with the swap was sloppy and I'm not even going to begin to try and sort it out. I'm having LHT Performane re-wire (new harness and all) the whole car, do a mild wire tuck, and problem solved in one solid move. He's the best in town and very affordable.

Excited to chat with you guys and learn more about my car.

Thanks
  • ChaseChase Wagonist
    looks good man, can I ask you a question about your ek fogs? How easy were they to install? I Tried once but I saw there was no room for them and in order to fit them you had to bash the hell out of the rad support.
    Thanks dude. The car came with those fogs on it but the mounting job seems a bit flimsy. I'll take a look tomorrow, snap a few photos, and let you know if it looks like any heavy modification was required to mount them.
    Doesn't look like he had to beat on anything. It appears that he used the ek mounting brackets. They're not mounted well so I'm going to re-install them. Once I have them off I'll let you know how I've got them mounted and post some photos.
  • kennyword1kennyword1 Band Wagon
    I almost bought this one but decided not to.