Help with Da Axle in 91 RT4WD (wont fit)

Hate to make my own post for this but my head is spinning at this point and I cant figure it out. So I am trying to install Da axles on my girlfriends 91 rt4wd civic wagon. Drivers side went in fine and worked with no problem. Passenger side isnt so lucky.

For WHATEVER reason the axle itself binds on the bearing race that covers the wheel bearing in the hub. When this happens and you tighten the axle all the way down, the hub/rotor doesn't move.

If I loosen the 32mm axle nut, the hub spins freely. The bearing race actually gets stuck on the axle and I have to pound it out with a hammer. Any idea why this is happening? Has anyone had this issue before? Please help! Thank you.

I will try to get pictures uploaded to explain what I mean.

Comments

• klumklum Senior Wagonist
    maybe its a automatic axle?(i doubt it but all i can think of) idk that sounds weird
    have you tried taking it out and re sliding it in? maybe the snap ring is doing something.
    id suggest just going and getting another one from the shop in exchange and see if that fixes the issue tbh

edit also maybe check to see if your old axle had some sort of shim on it that may have got stuck in there
  • AbideAbide Council Member
    is that little seal and metal ring still on there? i always have to pop both off.
  • Yeah you need to remove the dust ring on the inside of the knuckle.
  • ChaseChase Wagonist
    Yeah you need to remove the dust ring on the inside of the knuckle.

Thanks man, we said the hell with it and took that ring off. Axles fit great and the hub spins just fine. I wasnt aware you had to take those rings off to make them fit. Seems like the rings were already taken off of my wagon before hand so I never even noticed it.

Thanks again for the help guys, I appreciate it!

I thought the dust ring was actually like a bearing race or something, I WAS WRONG!