The Wagovanimal

hello everybody. I picked this wagovan up feb 2011 and I love it!

I bought this car from a buddy's cousin who was the second owner and it was his aunt and uncle who originally purchased the wagon brand new in California back in August 1987.
943.jpg

when I first brought her home
717.jpg

718.jpg

719.jpg

720.jpg

test fitting some wheels from my track car Ugly Ed
721.jpg

722.jpg

723.jpg

wheels I plan to use for the summer
724.jpg

my other new wagon rt4wd
727.jpg

728.jpg

stock height
729.jpg

donor parts car
730.jpg

full integra suspension, including front and rear disk with subframe and rear axle, gc coils, integra torison bars, b swap parts, including hasport mounts, axles and shift linkage etc.
731.jpg

732.jpg

733.jpg

734.jpg

735.jpg

736.jpg

737.jpg

738.jpg

739.jpg

lowered
740.jpg

741.jpg

742.jpg

first test drive on new suspension bits
743.jpg

I'd like to keep the wagovan as a daily summer vehicle but I'm very limited on parking spaces and I kinda want a Ruckus to save on gas for driving back and forth from work. So I might need to sell her which is bumming me out. I would really like to build up this little govan because I cant seem to find any b swapped pre88 wagons and I think it would be fun unique little ride.

well here you go guys, enjoy the pics and comment as you'd like.

Comments

• DRMORTYDRMORTY Council Member
    I am really liking those spoke Honda wheels
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    Bad ass fo sho... love that first pic
  • hmmm 3rd gen lol what are you running suspension wise on the wagon?
  • ef001282ef001282 New Wagonist
    ground control adjustable rear coils, integra torsions 27 or 29 I think. kyb struts until I find something better possibly the Medieval Pro Damper Kit or see if i can find some konis or something
  • Thats the same set up I plan on running once I get the funds saved up. How are you liking the ride with the ground controls?
  • rbwdrivenrbwdriven Senior Wagonist
    looks like a clean wagon.

The 1st gen crx looked pretty clean.

My son informed me the other day he wanted a first gen crx due to the way they looked versus the 2nd gen crx.
    Thats the same set up I plan on running once I get the funds saved up. How are you liking the ride with the ground controls?
    they ride pretty nice but the kyb strtus I'm using are a little too bouncy. I need to find some shortened struts, maybe koni or something.

rbwdriven wrote:

My son informed me the other day he wanted a first gen crx due to the way they looked versus the 2nd gen crx.

If you want it, I'll let it go for super cheap. I cant bring myself to cut it up, the body is very clean, never been hit, with no rust and the bumpers are brand new oem
  • rbwdrivenrbwdriven Senior Wagonist
    rbwdriven wrote:

If you want it, I'll let it go for super cheap. I cant bring myself to cut it up, the body is very clean, never been hit, with no rust and the bumpers are brand new oem[/quote]

If you are close to me I'd take you up on it.
    I just put a rebuilt alternator and belt, but no real updates as of today because I'm still looking for other parts. It's hard trying to build this car and save money for track events for my other car. (wmhm11 coming up soon woo hoo!)

so far I need: passenger side mirror or driver side mirror delete block off plate, adjustable pan hard bar, newer struts (kyb is too soft for my liking), wheels and tires.
    I'm not sure I like these in this size, I'm thinking maybe something a little smaller and a little wider. 440.jpg
  • BillBoardBillBoard council member
    look pretty good to me...

maybe just a little wheel spacer??? couldnt hurt?
    Its been a while so I just wanted to update. I had an issue with the car shutting off after 15 min of driving. I replaced the fuel pump, main relay and few other little things. mainly Ive been working on getting my RT4WD up and running and I also started a new job. I've got big plans for this little wagon so I'm squirrling away cash for now.
  • AbideAbide Council Member
    tried the ignition switch yet?
    new ones are only about $20-30 i think. mine caused all kind of weird problems i didnt even know it had till i replaced it an a few things started working a lot better. fairly easy to replace too.
  • i found my wagons twin :P
    Its been far way too long since I updated this but with all the 3G love lately I had to.

so plans have changed for the better (I think)

138.jpg

these will go in eventually

139.jpg

out with the old FI crx swap

140.jpg

in with the new Dual Weber carb'd F2B

141.jpg

custom motor mount bracket

142.jpg

143.jpg

some wheels

144.jpg

refinished

145.jpg

motor/trans in

146.jpg

and now where it currently sits, you may want to protect your small children from this...

147.jpg

148.jpg

149.jpg
    But wait, there is more

150.jpg

151.jpg

152.jpg

153.jpg

154.jpg

155.jpg

156.jpg

157.jpg

158.jpg

There is redemption though, everything was hand made by me out of flat sheet steel.

159.jpg

160.jpg

161.jpg

162.jpg

163.jpg

164.jpg

165.jpg

166.jpg

167.jpg

168.jpg

169.jpg

170.jpg

171.jpg

172.jpg

173.jpg

174.jpg

175.jpg

176.jpg

177.jpg

178.jpg

179.jpg

couldn't find replacement gas tank bolts or license plate holders, so I hand made my own as well

180.jpg

181.jpg

this won't be a show quality build, obviously, this is just an exercise in learning a new skill. I don't have experience in doing this professionally just something I decided to learn.
    I have a bunch more pictures but i figured this is good for now.
    Ill try to update this within the next 3 years. I promise.
  • Rickstar22Rickstar22 New Wagonist
    Awesomeness !!! 3G's all around. Excellent work !!

This is gonna be fun with all of us going at the same time...
  • Really like all of the fab work you are doing, looked like there was quite a lot of cancer on this thing. Glad to see you patching everything up.