Rear Cargo Cover

A couple questions:

1. Was the rear cargo cover a factory option or a dealer installed option for USDM ?

2. How are the cargo covers secured near the tailgate? I found a retractable cargo cover from a Ford Explorer that mounts perfectly, but I can't figure out how it was secured so that it does not retract.

Comments

• Not sure about 1 but for #2 there are exposed bits of the rod at the back of the cover. That just goes into these little hooks.

For the explorer, it might be like how it was on my volvo where the cover itself slotted into molded interior trim.

From what I've seen people do with DIY covers though is either use the kind with the exposed bar so you can just mount some hooks in the appropriate spot, or if the cover doesn't have that, add a couple loops of wire to do the same.
  • ChaseChase Wagonist
    ^ yeah Ive seen the same as far as the hooks go. For the ford explorer ones, unfortunately there is no way to do it without modifying your rear interior moldings. I have looked and have tried with no success. I am going to be installing one shortly so I will reply back once I have done so to let you know how I installed mine.
  • Edit...wrong pic.

I only have pics for the EDM covers.
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    1: believed to be a dealer option, like the sunroof.
    2: Billboard was sent a set of dealer instructions in 2007, ask him for a copy

https://www.civicwagon.com/showthread.php?1256-Rear-Cargo-Cover-Brackets&highlight=cargo+cover

For the rear clips, I think it would be an L shaped bracket. Maybe Bill can help.
  • rear clips are similar style to the sunvisor up front. behind the panel is a l type bracket.