Different offsets front to back??

Is there is more wheel well room in the back of the wagon versus the the front? I am thinking of going with 15x7 +10 offset in the back, and 15x7 +40 offset in the front. I am hoping that fills on the space in the back...think it will work?

Comments

• I've never been a fan of a staggared setup on FWD cars.. looks off to me

but i personally think that there is the same amount of room.. the only reason it may look or seem like the rear has more room is because you can get more camber out of the rear.. i could be wrong i never pay much attention to it really
  • Depends on ride height and other things like how much camber/tyre stretch etc etc.
    good way of seeing what will work is going through the build threads on here and seeing what others are running that sit the way your after.
    7" +40 is pretty conservative, 15x7+20 with a 195/50/15 tyre sits well on a wagon with a two finger gap between wheel/arch and stock arms
  • there is definitely more space in the rears than at the front, my old setup ran et0 at the front and et-15 rear to fill the arches equally
  • there is definitely more space in the rears than at the front, my old setup ran et0 at the front and et-15 rear to fill the arches equally

I am assuming that setup required camber adjustment right? Have any pics?
  • i actually do agree with the OP now.. been looking at my wheel setup lately and it seems that the rear needs a small spacer to fill the arches like the front.. I'm running 15x8 +25 TE37SL's and i think I'm going to run a 5mm spacer in the rear because the front has -5 degrees of camber and the rear has -2 and the rear looks like it needs some help with the fitment lol