Do You Think Wagons Will Be Mainstream Collectable??

Do you think these wagons will be sought after by the general public in a couple of decades? Look at the 70's Japanese cars...20 years ago no one wanted them and they could be easily bought for dirt cheap. Now its hard to find one for sale cheap. I know a lot of it has to do with the drift tax. But still. Could the same thing happen to wagons?

Comments

• I can't imagine any more so than they are now. It's a cool car to me, it's niche, and a bit nerdy, but it's not like we're driving around in the truly sought after vehicles.

I can see them continuing to be sought after by people who like wagons and the honda fan boys, of which I'm both. I sold my volvo wagon and was firmly planted in the 4th gen Hatchback or Wagon scenario for my next car. Fortunately the wagon made itself available first.

General public is still gonna primarily go for the muscle, british, italian and then maybe japanese stuff far fourth or later and there's a lot more out there that's more sought after than the wagons.

Barring an act of the gods or a natural disaster though, I know I'll not be parting with mine.
  • HaydzHaydz Moderator
    Shuttles have steadily increased in price in NZ, until a bout a month ago when they dropped again. Nine months ago you would have expected to pay about $3500 for a half decent one, which is about $2000 more than an equivalent model from other manufacturers.

Oh, and oldies don't want to give up their Beagles. Really.

Will they be 'mainstream' collectables? No way.
  • Yeah, what Haydz said. RT's will hold their value a bit better in the US, but neither model will be collectible. I wish it weren't true :hopelessness:
  • luis808luis808 Wagonist
    This is good news for those that like the model. No need to pay the extra TAX.
  • klumklum Senior Wagonist
    i got my wagon for 600$ back when the ppl who knew what they had would sell for at most 2k now i see 3.5k+ for fwd and 4wd lately
  • HondammitHondammit Band Wagon
    Unfortunately, at least around here, wagons are the new desirable Honda simply because there's not that many of them. I have people almost daily ask if mine's for sale (nope), not that these fools would even pay decent money for it. Yeah, they're cool, kind of uncommon, but at the end of the day, only enthusiasts and junk yards will have them. Maybe in 50 years, an unmolested specimen might go for a small grip simply because of what it is, but I don't ever see them being collectibles.