JDM B16A OBD-0 Oxygen Sensors

Hey guys, I have a question about o2 sensors...

So I recently finished a B16A swap and kept it OBD-0. As most of you know, it comes with 2 oxygen sensors. One with a green plug, the other white (which has the same plug as he D15).

While swapping, I noticed the "primary" sensor (with the green plug) was a bit busted, and sure enough, after the swap I am getting a code 1 (primary o2 sensor). I tried finding this plug online, but am having no luck finding it.

So question is, is there any difference between that and the white plug sensor? If i were to get a new white-plug sensor could i just splice the green plug in instead? Or is there another USDM car that had this same green plug sensor?

I tried looking this up on various forums and have not really gotten a straight forward answer.. Any help/leads would be awesome.

Thanks!

Comments

• im not sure if the green and white plugs are the same, but if the pin inside the plastic plugs are the same you can use the white plastic plug on the green plugs pin. when my lsvtec was still obd0, i had a pr3 with a jumper wire between the front and rear o2 sensor pins on the computer(i ran only 1 o2 sensor) and it never had a check engine light.
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    the plug shape is different. I guess my question to be more exact is.. are the sensors themselves the same (besides having different shaped plugs)? Could i use two white plugged sensors if i change the plugs out?

i dunno if any of this makes sense lol
  • as far as i know, the one wire o2 sensors(the sensor itself) are the same.
  • wagodizzlewagodizzle Council Member and EDM expert
    Thanks, I figured as much. I'll let you know what happens when I get a chance to change it!