Carbon Hood

i know its been covered before but is anyone making carbon hoods? i tried cmerce when i fist got into the wagon scene a few years ago but never got anywere with that. anyone know where i can get one?

Comments

• TadasTadas Wagonist
    I know for sure that our car hood is shorter than the others (4gen civics), so it is almost impossible to find aftermarket one.
  • invalidinvalid Wagonist
    Tadas wrote: »
    I know for sure that our car hood is shorter than the others (4gen civics), so it is almost impossible to find aftermarket one.

i knew this already. i was hoping someone might have some info. i know a very skilled fiberglass guy but i think it would only work if others were interested. he prefers to make a run on things not do just 1.
  • TadasTadas Wagonist
    Well I have a guy here in europe that makes great carbon parts, but it takes a while and I think it is quite costly. I think it would be really cool if you would get it. I wonder how much lighter it is.

I was thinking about a total spoon look (which I was going for already, my color is spoon yellow).

This is what I am talking about:

191.jpg
    thats a nice looking eg. and the cost to get it sent over would be huge. i would prefer one in the usa or canada. hopefully it can be modified to be like a sir hood with the center raised instead of dropped like the stock hood.
  • TadasTadas Wagonist
    If you ever make one and have the hood center raised it would look like an awesome cowl hood for civic. I approve this idea :encouragement:
    Tadas wrote: »
    If you ever make one and have the hood center raised it would look like an awesome cowl hood for civic. I approve this idea :encouragement:
    I think I'm gonna look into it. It will only happen if more people are on board. We shall c if I can make this happen. I want to do something for this community its helped me so much.
  • I am on board.
  • This is one of my eventual goals and why I'm acquiring molding materials and equipment. Problem I have at the moment is a lack of a clean hood. Mine is all sorts of gnarled. That said most of my endeavors are slow to come around, but I'm working on it. It's probably a next year for prototypes type situation though. I do have clean fenders at least that I'm saving for this =D

But either way, shipping suuucks. About as good as it could get here in the states, maybe Canada, is shipping via grayhound I'd think.
  • i am on board.
    ~~~~~!!! Me too !!!~~~~~