Turbo RT4WD DD/Weekend Toy Project

'91 Civic Wagon RT4WD

What it looked like when I picked it up:

633.jpg

634.jpg

Pic of the turbo kit mocked up before removing the engine:

308.jpg

Where it sits right now. Needs quite a bit of work to get it where I want it. I'm in it for the long haul, so it'll get there eventually.

681.jpg

Picked up another '91 RT4WD before the weekend.

This one is a little more complete and between the two of them, I should be able to make a good solid body/driver.

Comments

• danzdanz Wagonist
    got a blue driver side pillar mounted seat belt? :)
  • LowFlyin'LowFlyin' Moderator
    It's a '91, so they are the electric auto belts. :cry:

Removed a full residential dumpster's worth of crap from the blue wagon.

...and I found out the distributor and water pump were not in back like the seller stated. Have a new Honda water pump on order, but the engine is a ZC block with a Z6 head, so I'm trying to located a Z6 distributor. :( Not an easy task.
  • Pics of the Blue Wagon...

584.jpg

585.jpg

Got a new water pump from Honda and found a Z6 distributor in our shop on a whim. lol Got lucky there.

Found out why the water pump was leaking, the PO broke off a bolt head on one of the lower water pump bolts. So, instead of trying to extract it, they just hoped it wouldn't leak missing a fastener on just one corner. They hoped wrong. Looks like I'll have to pull the block to extract the remainder of the bolt. :sadface:
  • Blue wagon is getting stripped and scrapped.

Previous owner left some key points out about the condition of the engine/drivetrain.

I really can't stand shady people.

Red wagon is back on and will have some blue doors and front bumper.
  • bpr00civicsibpr00civicsi New Wagonist
    Hey chris are you interested in trading a built d16a6 head for some wagon parts?
    Head has 200-300 miles on it and built with supertech valves, springs and retainers with a gasket match port job. This is Brandon, I bought the shell from you.
  • bpr00civicsibpr00civicsi New Wagonist
    42.jpg
    43.jpg
    Head came from this motor that was going in my wagon
  • 2prestige2prestige Band Wagon
    what size is the turbo on that motor?
  • keep us updated on the engine set up.
  • love 949 wheels.. and seeing that blue rt made me miss mine. :(
    Drove the red wagon home tonight! :)
    Got the 14G turbo rebuilt.

1060.jpg
  • The Wagon's First AutoX > Facebook Album - Wagon's First AutoX

385.jpg
  • So, the purchase of the blue wagon keeps proving that it wasn't a huge mistake.

Had some nasty vibrations at 40-45mph. I replaced the drive-shaft with the one from the blue wagon and vibrations gone.

I think it has about paid for itself with the parts I've been replacing on the red wagon.
  • Put another blue door on the pass. rear, put a set of Dunlop snow tires on the RT4WD wheels, and after an alignment put the RPF1s on.

522.jpg
  • Found some center caps for my RPF1s at Lowe's.

228.jpg
  • Got this coming in from the Netherlands >

5.png

6.png

7.png

I am excite!
  • I also got those the plastic storage's, there bad ass....love the way it looks in my wagon, just put them in last week. Got them from the same place you did, you'll be happy..Nice.
  • X3! Membership in the "rear cargo interior from the Netherlands" club don't come cheap tho. Mine came with the carpet too, but no cargo lights or speaker boxes - pretty cool! (might have to steal ideas)....
    The rear cargo area was lost in transit. :(

I got my money back...but really wanted the cargo pieces.
    Installed a set of 1300cc, 1450cc and 1250cc injectors in the wagon yesterday.

Why? Because work. :) Currently driving around on 1250cc injector in a stock Z6.

Put down 110whp to the front wheels while we were testing out the injectors. Not too shabby. :)
    New license plate for the Wagon!

246.jpg

In OK, you can register a classic tag (21+ years old) on a classic car! Can't wait!
  • PrennroPrennro Council Member
    LowFlyin' wrote: »
    Found some center caps for my RPF1s at Lowe's.

228.jpg

LoFlyin, what exactly did u end up using? Just started the hunt for some for mine. Aint spending $20 a piece for them either.
    It's a 2" knockout cap/plug for electrical boxes.

Should be able to find them at Lowe's or Home Depot Racing

404.jpg
    RDC installed

406.jpg
    Found a '90 DX with power windows, locks, and cruise at one of local u-pull it yards.

Can't wait to get started retrofitting this to the wagon!
  • Congratulations, that's a pretty sweet find. I'm needing to get my garage sorted out and find a loaded roller so I can start breaking things down myself. I need to get some power windows going on here.
    Wagon getting some much needed love. The exhaust has been dragging for awhile:

218.jpg

219.jpg

220.jpg